3DMARK06 Scores Here

Geoff

VIP Member
I like using both, laptops are far easier to bring with you if you want to game say in a hotel or at a friends house. Just bring a USB mouse.

g4m3rof1337

[-0MEGA-];1054757 said:
I like using both, laptops are far easier to bring with you if you want to game say in a hotel or at a friends house. Just bring a USB mouse.

Yup, I went to a 100 Man LAN with a laptop, laptop lock, mouse and mouse pad, and a backpack, worked great.

f.i.t.h

[-0MEGA-];1050153 said:
What resolution did you run your test on?

EDIT: Went back and saw it's the same, but your CPU was at 4.6GHz :p

I also need to find a better way to overclock my video cards, I can only do so much with the Catalyst Control Center, and ATI Tool as well as RivaTuner don't work under Vista x64. :(
Works fine for me.

Yup, I went to a 100 Man LAN with a laptop, laptop lock, mouse and mouse pad, and a backpack, worked great.
That makes sense but I have never seen anyone with a laptop at a LAN competition/party.
But I suppose that a good gaming laptop in NZ would be more then any of us cheap bastards can afford.

Ethan3.14159

i personally would never use a laptop for gaming; too much money for too little. My friend for example paid $1600 for an HP HDX and it plays crysis on low at best; now a $1600 desktop could do a lot more than that. Plus if you want mobility you can by a case with a handle lol

Motoxrdude

I ran 3dmarks06 on my laptop just for the hell of it.
60977338ln1.jpg

Pretty good eh?

scooter

banned
[-0MEGA-];1055351 said:
I guess it's the dual-core that makes the biggest difference between your score scooter and mine.

Hmmm...very interesting..

I'm actually new to using the 3d mark program..just never really played with it before my buddy gave it to me.

I guess you are right..major diff would be the cpu?

scooter

banned
I would have thought that you'd get higher. I got 18.1k at 4.0Ghz with dual 3870's..

Yeah, well as I say I am not familiar with the program so maybe I didnt do all the settings properly?

What settings should I select? res, aa, etc..

I'm currently using a 50-inch monitor as my 22" is being borrowed.

Give me an idea on optimal settings for running and I will try again.

thx

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeah, well as I say I am not familiar with the program so maybe I didnt do all the settings properly?

What settings should I select? res, aa, etc..

I'm currently using a 50-inch monitor as my 22" is being borrowed.

Give me an idea on optimal settings for running and I will try again.

thx
You shouldn't change any settings in 3DMark06, just keep it on default settings at 1280x1024.

scooter

banned
[-0MEGA-];1055814 said:
You shouldn't change any settings in 3DMark06, just keep it on default settings at 1280x1024.

In that case I was doing it wrong...my buddy gave me Pro edition, that has all the options.

I selected the basic settings/ default and ran again..

I got 19,016 --3Dmarks

I guess thats fairly decent...?