Ages of Computerforum.com

How old are you?

• Total voters

SFR

Truth fears no questions
oh I get it..

There are a few of you who do nothing but post posts... and A TON of people who come on here an ask a question or two and then leave... or post every few weeks.

(I'm not saying there is anything wrong with spending hours and hours on this forum.. I made it my home page so I can always see whats going on..... .. and I have learned quite a few things from Praetor and others)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Here's another logarithmic graph, this time using the data from another forum:

posts3.jpg

Again that linear dependency (also excepting the high posters).

Did I discover a new law of sociology? :eek:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yet another graph from another forum:

posts4.jpg

The data for the three graphs are taken from three very different forums (computer, automotive, healthcare).
As the members list and the total post number are greater the linear dependency is more obvious, so it must be a statistical particularity of forum members' activity...

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm working on it... :)

But I already have a name for it: "the first law of virtual community dynamics". :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Trends here seem to fit a P-series pattern more :)

Attachments

• more.jpg
    more.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 36

ian

Administrator
Staff member
computerdude2004 said:
I can't believe you are working so hard on that graph and formula.
people probably said the same thing about Albert Einstein :)

Scrat

Hmm.. hadn't noticed this thread.

Well i just voted so you'll have to redo your graphs, oh and i finaly got round to filling in some more of my profile, like my age... seems like im one of the oldest too. :confused:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
ian said:
people probably said the same thing about Albert Einstein :)
Wow! Thanks for the comparaison... :D

This poll's graph resembles very well the bell curve, even Gauss wouldn't draw it better.
In the mean time I tested my linear graph with more other forum's data and it fits quite well, regardless of what's the members' age, sex, occupation, etc., etc. So my result could be as general as the Gauss curve is...

rexinre

ah well age has nothing to do with almost anything... Knowledge/experience is power! [So is money to a certian extent ;)]

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I know Praetor and others take care of this forum and I think it is great.

I like the fact that things are organized and threads that need to be closed or merged are actually closed or merged...

... but hey, we all make mistakes... an elderly lady almost ran me into the center median on the freeway this morning... NOW THAT would have been a mistake worth getting upset over!

zkiller

<b>VIP Member</b>
SFR said:
I know Praetor and others take care of this forum and I think it is great.

I like the fact that things are organized and threads that need to be closed or merged are actually closed or merged...

... but hey, we all make mistakes... an elderly lady almost ran me into the center median on the freeway this morning... NOW THAT would have been a mistake worth getting upset over!
haha... yeah, i have had a few encounters like that as well, but have been lucky thus far as well.

i agree though, CoFo currently has a really good admin/mod staff. especially since my useless ass resigned from being a mod... lol