Bad Company 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, I get the white squares. If you play it in DX9 through single player, do you get the white squares at cut scenes too?

Glad im not alone :p,Tbh i cant see any diffrence in "Looks" wise over DX9 - DX10..looks the same :p

Not sure about the singleplayer,I tried the first few missions when i got the game when it came out,but then i had to format windows for some reason and have not played he singleplayer since,only multi :p

Mez

Hey guys, I haven't played BFBC2 in a while on xbox because of the horrible lag, did they fix it yet?

Machin3

I've been playing it for a while now and I've ran into very minor lag but overall I have not experienced anything horrible.

mtb211

Can anyone explain to me how to get the traser dart to lock on,

1) Shoot dart , hit target
2) Use Gustav, aim at red box
then what? it never locks when I try, driving me crazy

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone explain to me how to get the traser dart to lock on,

1) Shoot dart , hit target
2) Use Gustav, aim at red box
then what? it never locks when I try, driving me crazy

1)Taser the target,as you already know...
2)bring out the Gustav and aim down the sight and you will see like a red flashing on the gustavs sight,when the flashing stops thats when its locked on and fire!

It is stupid realy,they should have added a noise to it so you know its locked on or something.

mtb211

1)Taser the target,as you already know...
2)bring out the Gustav and aim down the sight and you will see like a red flashing on the gustavs sight,when the flashing stops thats when its locked on and fire!

It is stupid realy,they should have added a noise to it so you know its locked on or something.

O really? I thought it would make the same noise it makes when your locked in on a vehicle ... how long does it take to get locked on? Does it have to be a clear shot or can you lock on through bushes/fence etc

I seem to be the only person that sucks at this

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
O really? I thought it would make the same noise it makes when your locked in on a vehicle ... how long does it take to get locked on? Does it have to be a clear shot or can you lock on through bushes/fence etc

I seem to be the only person that sucks at this

it only takes a few seconds,as for can you lock on through bushes/fences...dont know actualy never tried,ive also ran out into the open or looked through a window to lock on :)

hey Nevakonaza , whats your ID for BC2?

My email is [email protected]

I have 0 friends, people say they add me but I never see anything

Cheers

My in game name is "CF-Nevakonaza".....I dont have a damn clue how the friends system works in BC2,i cant even see any options to add anyone?

But from what ive just looked on google,the friends system in BC2 is still a mess and does not work right :cool:

codeman0013

That's because the game has had it,it's boring to much mucking around to get a good game with your friends,if you are lucky that is to get one.

I have to totally disagree on this one.. This game has plenty of life left.. PC wise it may be dying down but xbl is always packed with people and they still have 4 more things to be released to keep people interested until BF3 comes out early next year..

russb

I'm sorry i should have said on the PC as thats all i have,as Matthew1990 said he
is on about the servers which i presume are PC servers.What you state seems
to agree with us,(PC wise it may be dying down ) if Matthew1990 is talking
about console servers then that increases my post that the game has had it.

mtb211

I have to totally disagree on this one.. This game has plenty of life left.. PC wise it may be dying down but xbl is always packed with people and they still have 4 more things to be released to keep people interested until BF3 comes out early next year..

4 more things? more down loadable content? aws

russb

i played last night on the PC, there were loads of servers, I have about 50 under a 90 ping

Out of how many servers were there when the game came out,1000's now
look and i think i am right in saying we are talking world wide are we not.:)

russb

What that nobody is playing the game like they were 3 months ago is due to
the updates sorry i still think it is because people have lost interest in the
game.:)

Aastii

VIP Member
Out of how many servers were there when the game came out,1000's now
look and i think i am right in saying we are talking world wide are we not.:)

i think it has something to do with the recent update

no, he is right.

When you look at the server list, it only shows servers that are the same game version. Alot of servers have stayed at, or reverted to, the older patch because it was better than this POS new one.

To highlight what I mean, gametracker is a site that has server info of different servers from different games, however, you have to add the server yourself so really, there aren't all servers there. I would say maybe 70% of servers are there.

with that information, at 22:35 GMT on 15/7/2010, a search for all bad company 2 servers, came back with 1328 populated servers. That is not the total servers, that is just servers with people playing. If you are want total servers, you are looking at 6155 servers.

that is fairly normal, if anything pretty damn good. It may seem that just over 21% of servers populated doesn't sound too good, but remember right now, servers in europe (where the majority are, along with US) will be dieing because of it getting later, servers in america will be starting up as it is getting into the afternoon, asian and australian servers will be starting up as it is getting to morning. Also, there aren't always people sat playing the game so you will never get 100% populated or even close to, hell you will never get 40%

g4m3rof1337

The game is 6th place in Xfire's top 10, right behind MW2. I'm sure BC2 isn't dying.

When you look at the server list, it only shows servers that are the same game version. Alot of servers have stayed at, or reverted to, the older patch because it was better than this POS new one.

Just curious, why is the new patch a POS?