Bad Company 2 Thread

russb

The game is 6th place in Xfire's top 10, right behind MW2. I'm sure BC2 isn't dying.

Just curious, why is the new patch a POS?

I just checked Xfire and here is the result,
Most Popular Newest Games
1. Singularity™
2. Medal of Honor
3. All Points Bulletin
4. Transformers: War for Cybertron
5. Pro Cycling Manager - Tour de France 2010
6. Disciples III: Renaissance
7. The Sims 3 Ambitions
8. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
9. Darkfall Online
10. Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Also no mention of that other loser game MW2.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Just curious, why is the new patch a POS?

Opinion, yes, but:

Broke tracer
Broke tracer locking (made it worse unless I am doing it even more wrong than before :p)
I can't kill shit now, I assume balance of guns or health or something has been altered, but I'm not doing a thing different, but not getting anywhere near the score. That is personal, I know, but others I have spoke to have had the same.
Some, myself included, have seen an fps hit with it, I have lost ~15 fps atleast at any one point
Chat Window

Some good has come of it though.

Knifing for instance I have found has improved, and erm, that is about it :p

=EDIT=

russb, he is right. That is newest games, if you look at all games:

http://www.xfire.com/games/#

it is 6 (may have to put it in rank order to see it more easily, just click the rank heading)

no surprises, CoD4 is still number 2 ;) look at what happens when you get quality

Last edited:

just a noob

The tracer is just right imo, you could shoot a helicopter with it each time, basically making helicopters even more worthless(handling seems to have improved). I haven't really noticed any difference with the locking though.

g4m3rof1337

I just checked Xfire and here is the result,
Most Popular Newest Games
1. Singularity™
2. Medal of Honor
3. All Points Bulletin
4. Transformers: War for Cybertron
5. Pro Cycling Manager - Tour de France 2010
6. Disciples III: Renaissance
7. The Sims 3 Ambitions
8. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
9. Darkfall Online
10. Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Also no mention of that other loser game MW2.

Not sure where you found that list.. but I was referring to the homepage's top 10.

1. WoW
2. COD4
3. COD2
4. League of Legends
5. MW2
6. BC2
7. Aion
8. CSS
9. Warcraft III
10. Cross Fire

And you can call MW2 a loser game all you want, but it made a shit load of money, and it's actually a fun game. If you don't suck at it.

Opinion, yes, but:

Broke tracer
Broke tracer locking (made it worse unless I am doing it even more wrong than before :p)
I can't kill shit now, I assume balance of guns or health or something has been altered, but I'm not doing a thing different, but not getting anywhere near the score. That is personal, I know, but others I have spoke to have had the same.
Some, myself included, have seen an fps hit with it, I have lost ~15 fps atleast at any one point
Chat Window

Huh, I rarely use the tracer, but when I do, I don't have any problems. (but maybe I'm not picking up on anything)
What guns are you guys using? I seem to dominate with the AN-94, M416, M16, and the Rex. I just started using the M16 and Rex more recently, and I'm doing a lot better with them.
I noticed an FPS boost when it first hit, and it's running smooth for me.
What exactly is wrong with the chat window? I know it takes up half the screen when you're in the dark.

So you don't think that the amount of players say 3 months ago is any
different to today's.

I'd say it can't be that much different.. I'm sure if they were losing a drastic amount of people, they'd release content that would pull more people in. They wouldn't just let people stop playing their game.

Last edited:

russb

Sorry i got the wrong list as Aastii pointed out.I still stand by my post
saying the game is finished.:)

Aastii

VIP Member
And you can call MW2 a loser game all you want, but it made a shit load of money, and it's actually a fun game. If you don't suck at it.

Huh, I rarely use the tracer, but when I do, I don't have any problems. (but maybe I'm not picking up on anything)
What guns are you guys using? I seem to dominate with the AN-94, M416, M16, and the Rex. I just started using the M16 and Rex more recently, and I'm doing a lot better with them.
I noticed an FPS boost when it first hit, and it's running smooth for me.
What exactly is wrong with the chat window? I know it takes up half the screen when you're in the dark

I usually top every MW2 game I am in and still think it is a boring pile of crap. It deffinately made alot of money, but it so did not deserve to.

I suck with the tracer, I am not making excuses, I sucked before, but now I can never hit anything no matter how hard I try, where as before I could get them maybe 1 in 6 or 7 times

I don't know the names of guns, but I usually play medic, either with SAW or whichever LMG you get before the SAW, the second or third unlock I think it is.

I have had to drop settings to low-medium rather than medium - high to get the same fps as I did before @ 1280 x 1024. I still get atleast 60 fps with the lower settings, but if I raise then back I am getting 45 at best, dropping to mid 20s at intense parts.

You just said what is wrong with the chat window. On certain maps it is an arse and if you are in certain buildings, same thing. Why they couldn't just leave it but make the text slightly more obvious I don't know

mtb211

I usually top every MW2 game I am in and still think it is a boring pile of crap. It deffinately made alot of money, but it so did not deserve to.

I suck with the tracer, I am not making excuses, I sucked before, but now I can never hit anything no matter how hard I try, where as before I could get them maybe 1 in 6 or 7 times

I don't know the names of guns, but I usually play medic, either with SAW or whichever LMG you get before the SAW, the second or third unlock I think it is.

I have had to drop settings to low-medium rather than medium - high to get the same fps as I did before @ 1280 x 1024. I still get atleast 60 fps with the lower settings, but if I raise then back I am getting 45 at best, dropping to mid 20s at intense parts.

You just said what is wrong with the chat window. On certain maps it is an arse and if you are in certain buildings, same thing. Why they couldn't just leave it but make the text slightly more obvious I don't know

I enjoyed the single player, I thought the multiplayer was crap... I really enjoyed the first one, on the PC. Doing the co op missions is really fun tho, exspecially the one when one player flys the uav and bombs while the other tries to complete the level.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i still think the tracer is horrible now,before the patch it was perfect imo.

Knife is now better,but all they did is revert whatever changed happened in the previus patch that broke the knife.

I dont understand why they keep on messing with stuff that dont need changing,i mean yes some of the weapons did need adjusting but the knife? come on!

I still play the game,but i am getting a little bored of it now...just the same maps etc its getting boring.

i know its not MW2 but i think they should add a "Close Quarters combat" mode,they could create a smallish map where we all spawn diffrent parts of the map and the Team with the most kills wins...could be a 4 against 4 type of thing.

Make it a Shotgun/Assult rifle only though.

g4m3rof1337

i still think the tracer is horrible now,before the patch it was perfect imo.

Knife is now better,but all they did is revert whatever changed happened in the previus patch that broke the knife.

I dont understand why they keep on messing with stuff that dont need changing,i mean yes some of the weapons did need adjusting but the knife? come on!

I still play the game,but i am getting a little bored of it now...just the same maps etc its getting boring.

i know its not MW2 but i think they should add a "Close Quarters combat" mode,they could create a smallish map where we all spawn diffrent parts of the map and the Team with the most kills wins...could be a 4 against 4 type of thing.

Make it a Shotgun/Assult rifle only though.

So something similar to Onslaught mode?

mihir

VIP Member
I just love this Game even gonna get a tshirt
bfbc2.jpg

sarahjohn63

Bad Company is very fantastic and is at all levels are quite easy to play. It is not so easy to win the stage that I got on the Help menu in Bad Company game. I finished this game many times and I like to play longer.

russb

sarahjohn 63 welcome to Computer Forum you will not find a more friendly
and helpful site anywhere,enjoy.

Masterfulks

I just bought this off of steam and so far I'm annoyed....

I'm running a gtx 260 core 216 on my i7 920. The frame rate seems ok on high, but I keep getting all kinds of graphic glitches. Nice little squares and such that pop up and distort the screen making it unplayable. I'm downloading the newest drivers now as it's been awhile since I've updated. Hopefully that fixes it.

Next I can't seem to play multiplayer. I do the quick game and it says it can't find any servers. I attempt to browse servers and it doesn't find any. I can't find any info saying that the servers are down, and steam shows the game as up to date. I dunno.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it DX10? How are the graphics? I love awesome PC graphics. They look unbelievable.

It is DX11 actualy,Ive not tried it in DX11 as my card does not support it but ive run it in DX10 and DX9 and in both the game looks stunning.