Bad Company 2 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh yeah you wont have any problems :)

I run it maxed on mine,in DX9 mode and get around 85-95fps,reason i run it in DX9 mode is because since the latest patches if i run it in DX10 mode the gameplay is slugish...its not my machine its their damn patches!

But your rig should run it effortless in DX9 or DX10.

ChrisUlrich

oh yeah you wont have any problems :)

I run it maxed on mine,in DX9 mode and get around 85-95fps,reason i run it in DX9 mode is because since the latest patches if i run it in DX10 mode the gameplay is slugish...its not my machine its their damn patches!

But your rig should run it effortless in DX9 or DX10.

I'm about to go get that and DiRT 2! Wohoo! Ever play DiRT 2? :)

Even though i'm a noob, you wanna show me the ropes?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
The game is soldout! If I download it from gamestop.com Do I get a disc ever?

Just get it from Steam,i know alot of people dont like too but i love buying them for steam because you dont have to fuss around with making sure you have all the latest patches etc.....it downloads them for you!

Mez

Bleh, I unlocked every single attachment/gun/gadgets/EVERYTHING! and i'm only level 26 :(

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bleh, I unlocked every single attachment/gun/gadgets/EVERYTHING! and i'm only level 26 :(

same here im lvl 27 and i think i unlocked everything at lvl 23...i think we will see some new stuff though because when you look atthe weapon selec screen theres loads of empty boxes so they can add some more stuff. :)

Mez

same here im lvl 27 and i think i unlocked everything at lvl 23...i think we will see some new stuff though because when you look atthe weapon selec screen theres loads of empty boxes so they can add some more stuff. :)

Thats what I was thinking, and while we're at it, Do you know how to get SPECACT for your guns? I'm thinking you have to buy it with real money.

just a noob

Thats what I was thinking, and while we're at it, Do you know how to get SPECACT for your guns? I'm thinking you have to buy it with real money.

I don't know if the Doctor Depper promotion is still going on or not(doubt it). If it is off, then you do have to buy them for real money.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Failed to connect to EA online.

Servers down or something? Anyone else get this?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
It will play it yes,but what settings not sure probably medium depending on what screen res your going to play on.

I played BC2 on my 8800GT,Core 2 Duo E6300,2gb ram and it ran fine on Medium settings @ 1680 x1050 res in DX10.

ChrisUlrich

It will play it yes,but what settings not sure probably medium depending on what screen res your going to play on.

I played BC2 on my 8800GT,Core 2 Duo E6300,2gb ram and it ran fine on Medium settings @ 1680 x1050 res in DX10.

He's running XP Pro so only DX9 there. I was hoping for medium settings at a medicore resolution. He only has a 19" full screen.

I am hoping I can run 1920x1200 though on max blast DX10.

wellhellothere

Thats impressive. Im using a 512mb 8800gt, quad core and 4Gb ram and im stuck on low settings at 1440x900. Even then i get frames as low as 20 with loads of smoke