Battlefield 3 Thread

linkin

VIP Member
Yeah that explains a fair bit. Crappy motherboard and a C2 chip is a pretty bad combination :(

What motherboard are you getting for AM3+? I bought my board hoping it would support it, but the 990FX Fatal1ty board is tempting...

linkin

VIP Member
I vote for the Fatal1ty, it has more power phases which should mean better overclocking :D

Plus it's cheaper than the Crosshair V.

Yeah but I like the intel lan and the better audio chip. Not sold completely though. I can always run a dedicated sound card and blow that Crosshair away.

I'm gonna eat my words. I did a little more comparing on the two boards. the fatal1ty does look better. It would fit my build a LOT better than that Crosshair. And for a lot less.

ScottALot

-.-

You'll need something a bit better than a 460 for 1080p I'm afraid, if you want to max it out. I could probably use another 570 or get a 580 cause I still get only 30fps in some parts :(

Why the -.- ?

I'm not going for Ultra, but I've heard a lot of sources say that High settings work pretty well on an overclocked 460.

... there is an Ultra setting, right?

ScottALot

LOL ya right, look at the cover genius

6235705842_fe2d343658_z.jpg

:D :D :D

mrjack

VIP Member
I really enjoyed the beta and I hope to see better level design than what you can find in BFBC2. Valparaiso, for example, can be very frustrating thanks to the UH-64 Blackhawk. There's one spawn point in the first stage and it's pretty much instant death. So if you can't take out the helicopter in time, you won't be able to play until the next stage starts.

Last edited:

russb

I'm looking forward to playing the maps without vehicles as i think they kill the whole point of the game but thats my opinion of course.

Turbo10

I'm looking forward to playing the maps without vehicles as i think they kill the whole point of the game but thats my opinion of course.

hm wierd i thought the point of the game was the vehicles! or the ability to choose between vehicles and infantry. I guess battlefield minus the vehicles is just another bog standard fps

jonnyp11

well the vehicles add a lot to the game, until you get a crap team that just lets them take your tanks and nobody is a destroyer person so they just sit there base raping all game long (seems to happen to me all the time and i'm one of the like 2 trying to blow them up)

russb

Well no ( I guess battlefield minus the vehicles is just another bog standard fps) it's catering for both type of player which is a good thing.Me i like to see if possible the person i shoot and i get the satisfaction of hunting them down.There not much fun in just jumping in a jet or chopper and shooting everybody just for a kill count.Being big maps is going to make the game more intresting as in as much that you have to hunt your prey.

Phy

I find it quite satisfying to blow up a tank with someone(s) in it. Even better is shooting down a helicopter with a weapon not really meant to do that.

SuperDuperMe

I find it quite satisfying to blow up a tank with someone(s) in it. Even better is shooting down a helicopter with a weapon not really meant to do that.

I love it, it was good on bf2 that you could snipe a heli pilot, never manages to do it on bfbc2 so dont know wether its possible.