Battlefield 3 Thread

SuperDuperMe

its pretty much same as badcompany 2...same modes..same mechanics...same vehicales..few new maps..old wine in new bottle..dont get it

Completely different game to bc2. A lot more variety in vehicles. Air assets are more engaging and relevant to gameplay as apposed to just another way to ferry people or overwatch. The mechanics ( i presume you mean gameplay) feel totally different. Running has a much more fluid feel in bf3 as opposed to bfbc2 which felt much more clunky.

I love b oth games but they cant be compared as apples for apples.

Have you played both out of curiosity.

Aastii

VIP Member
Completely different game to bc2. A lot more variety in vehicles. Air assets are more engaging and relevant to gameplay as apposed to just another way to ferry people or overwatch. The mechanics ( i presume you mean gameplay) feel totally different. Running has a much more fluid feel in bf3 as opposed to bfbc2 which felt much more clunky.

I love b oth games but they cant be compared as apples for apples.

Have you played both out of curiosity.

He was a spammer mate :)

mtb211

I started playing team deathmatch. I noticed there arnt any vehicles in any of the levels Ive played... is that true for every map?

SuperDuperMe

I believe so, i think tdm was basically to combat cod and give theyre players that prefer small, claustrophobic maps a reason to jump ship.

SuperDuperMe

Mines awful full stop lol, not played in a few weeks due to other games, but before that it was definately below 1. My owm fault really for unlock whoaring :p

linkin

VIP Member
Man I am loving claymores right now :D It's also fun to parachute above enemies and drop c4 from the air, wait about 5 seconds and blow it up! Always gives me a laugh :D

claptonman

Man I am loving claymores right now :D It's also fun to parachute above enemies and drop c4 from the air, wait about 5 seconds and blow it up! Always gives me a laugh :D

Haha, that's a good one. Kinda like in the old days where pilots would hand-drop small bombs.

I recently sniped a F35 pilot. That felt good.

Aastii

VIP Member
damn the only good thing is that my K/D is good in TDM but awful in rush (.2) haha

You should be thoroughly ashamed for mentioning k/d as though it actually means anything in a team and objective driven game.

I have had games where I have had .2 k/d, yet come top on a winning team from capping points, spotting, reviving and healing. Did more for the team than the guy that got the most kills who probably just sat on a hill sniping not helping anybody or looking down the same point to spray the crap out of whoever comes

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah, i recently unlocked the Claymores,So much fun placing them inbetween Containers on the map Noshahr Canals while in Team Deathmate mode. :D

I put them there because both team sides seem to hang around there been in the middle of the map,can get yourself a ton of kills.

Also just unlocked the Mortar,not had a chance to try it yet.:p

Ankur

Haha, that's a good one. Kinda like in the old days where pilots would hand-drop small bombs.

I recently sniped a F35 pilot. That felt good.

Bombers that is what we are missing in the game. I would love to see the buildings in Gulf of oman brought down by bombers. :D

And the RU jets in the same map are too vulnerable to snipers. The snipers hide near the rocks near the RU deployment and whenever a player takes the jet, the sniper puts a shot on the pilots head.

SuperDuperMe

You should be thoroughly ashamed for mentioning k/d as though it actually means anything in a team and objective driven game.

I have had games where I have had .2 k/d, yet come top on a winning team from capping points, spotting, reviving and healing. Did more for the team than the guy that got the most kills who probably just sat on a hill sniping not helping anybody or looking down the same point to spray the crap out of whoever comes

Lol i forgot this game wasnt cod :p

And i know k/d doesnt mean much in bf3...but...bragging rights are rights none the less.

Although i prefer my jet kills over my small arms kills anyday ;D

Aastii

VIP Member
I just went into a TDM match and oh my god, how boring and slow are they!! Will not be playing one of them again

SuperDuperMe

Iv been trying to play sqdm, but my god its killing me, all i want is the bloody l85. Tbh, bf3 is doing my head right in. All i get for 10 mins while trying to start a game, is something went wrong :mad: Updated punkbuster, that helped some but still get kicked for nothing on start up :/

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just went into a TDM match and oh my god, how boring and slow are they!! Will not be playing one of them again

What map was you playing on ?...Some bigger maps in TDM mode can be realy slow and boring but i usually play on "Noshahr Canals"...its a small,ish map
Can really rack up those kills & points if you place Claymores & hand out plenty of Ammo/Health packs and its quite fast paced on that map.

I usually only play Conquest & TDM in BF3,Where as in BC2 95% of the time i played Rush...i dont find Rush mode in BF3 to be as much fun for some reason.

The thing i hate about BF3,Theres never really any teamwork...hardly anyone joining squads,handing out Ammo/Health etc....annoying because its what makes the game.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

i find bf3 is like the only multiplayer game i never put on my headset for, i've only been in like 10 squads with other people talking out of my i think 7hrs of gameplay, maybe more.