Battlefield 3 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just been playing Caspian border,Its very...very....very hard to get a Jet. :/

I did manage to try one though and it was fun,The Turbulence was a nice feature.

Although i cant understand why they did not unlock this map for all to try out in Beta without having to hunt down the password.

To be honest at this stage in BF3 i cant say that im blown away by this game,Was expecting much more....but we will see.

skidude

I think, in terms of multiplayer, it will be more or less the same old Battlefield. I can't see them changing much of the core game.

salvage-this

Just played my first match :D

Looks like it is going to be a good game. I like the multiplayer so far. Not a huge fan of the web browser part. I would rather just have the game. :/

Just for others reference I played mine at ultra with everything turned on averaging 30 to 40fps.

Last edited:
im not impressed by the visuals. Looks a bit worse than BC2. Lighting is a bit better. But the points system is awesome! I got points for fire suppression! Thats awesome!

salvage-this

Anyone else not impressed by the graphics?

I think it is better in some ways and worse in others. I think there is still more to come. Changing the graphics from hi to ultra made no difference in my fps. I do not think we are getting the full graphics that we will in the real game.

jonnyp11

has anyone else experienced this issue (on 360 for me) where it just refuses to go to multiplayer, I've redownloaded it, restarted the console, on different accounts, re plugged the Ethernet cord, and all and it says every time it has lost connection to ea, i'm gunna try it again incase it was a server update or something but still. and my brother said a friend of his got this too while others in their party were playing online in bf3, wtf?

jonnyp11

has anyone else experienced this issue (on 360 for me) where it just refuses to go to multiplayer, I've redownloaded it, restarted the console, on different accounts, re plugged the Ethernet cord, and all and it says every time it has lost connection to ea, i'm gunna try it again incase it was a server update or something but still. and my brother said a friend of his got this too while others in their party were playing online in bf3, wtf?

never mind, looked it up and after a few pointless links one said that they had read somewhere that the servers where being serviced until 9pm est, so i got an hour to go until i can play, still don't get why brother and his friend couldn't while others in party could though unless they shut down new players joining and where letting the current lobbies run down

JLuchinski

Yay, I finally got onto a game. Running an average of 45 fps "maxed out". Lots of fun, just have to get use to the aiming. Played a round on Xbox for fun, holy crap does it ever look like $hit compared to the pc. Really looking forward to the single player and the rest of the multi-player maps, this game is going to (hopefully) stomp MW3 into the ground.

CrazyMike

I got the stupidest question ever. How do you measure FPS while in game? :S

After done laughing, if you can let me know what i need to download, that would be great. I am curious on what i am getting.

Turbo10

After done laughing, if you can let me know what i need to download, that would be great. I am curious on what i am getting.

FRAPS has a fps meter built in, try get a trial version of that

JLuchinski

Or if you have something like EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner they have OSD monitoring systems that you can toggle, you just have to set it up in the options. I would use Afterburner over Precision.