best comp

P11

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
DUDE! LOL, that would be tite, you just squish urself in beetween ur speakers and BLAST THAT S***!!!!
LoL, imagine him playing CS:S 1v1....then getting shot from 2 feet behind him in his head with a deagle.....*bye-bye ear drums*:D

Filip

P11 said:
LoL, imagine him playing CS:S 1v1....then getting shot from 2 feet behind him in his head with a deagle.....*bye-bye ear drums*:D

or getting flashed and that terrible squeeky sound would blow your windows. lol

EDIT:

pete, where the F, are you, i was gonna ask you to translate something for me

I got this from an admin of my favorite server: "I do not say you have cheats those used will if want you that to tell"

lol, I don't have an idea what it says

sorry to go off topic

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
n00b021 said:
i have like 20g's to spend and want a new comp. that being my limit, what can i get? i want the best of the best and only the best
you could get one of these
jza0059l.jpg

P11

VIP Member
jimmymac said:
just getting a tad fishy this one.....still sceptical ;)
ya, something doesn't sound right now... I mean I have alot of multi-million richy friends but even then...the most I've seen one spend on a computer was a 8 Grand Alienware laptop...btw, he let me configure it in computers class :)

rahving

If I was given 20k as a gift and told I had to buy myself the best pure gaming computer I could with it, and anything left over I couldn't keep...I honestly don't think I could or would want to spend that much on the BEST GAMING system money could buy.

Oh, and I side with the AM2 socket people in agreement that for gaming that is obviously the way to go, and is better than Opterons. Think about it.

SC7

Well of course, given 20k for nothing, I'd have better uses, a nice comp, a nice laptop for a total of $5gs (anything else is overkill), then maybe a new car??

daygowop

Oh, and I side with the AM2 socket people in agreement that for gaming that is obviously the way to go, and is better than Opterons. Think about it.[/QUOTE]

I second that.

Geoff

VIP Member
daygowop said:
Oh, and I side with the AM2 socket people in agreement that for gaming that is obviously the way to go, and is better than Opterons. Think about it.
I second that.
However i do agree that the AM2 platform is much better then socket 940's for gaming, you seem to have forgotten that you are comparing one FX-62 @ 2.8 to 2x Opteron 185's @ 2.6. So it's almost twice the processing power of the FX-62.

However due to what the AM2 platform offers, I would go that route. But it's not because the FX-62 is better.

daygowop

[-0MEGA-] said:
However i do agree that the AM2 platform is much better then socket 940's for gaming, you seem to have forgotten that you are comparing one FX-62 @ 2.8 to 2x Opteron 185's @ 2.6. So it's almost twice the processing power of the FX-62.

However due to what the AM2 platform offers, I would go that route. But it's not because the FX-62 is better.

yea, its true that it will have double processing speed because of the 2x opterons, i see ur point, but personally i like encore's build the best.

dark_legacy2006

ya get a bunch of monitors all hooked up, make a nice big screen... also if your spending that much money my aswell get a lightscribe dvd burner as well

Habanerosky

If anyone seriously thinks that someone can gain 5k off of 20k in less than a week, they're crazy. (especially since the market has been going nowhere but down lately, i doubt anybody made a profit this week...)

fletch

n00b021 said:
well i want to play games at max max settings, use it as a pvr, multi task, all that good stuff.i also want a lot of bragging rights

I can't see anybody wasting 20g's on a car much less a computer. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing maybe 21. Take it from me if you are for real,don't blow it. I was given 10,000 when I was 18 and I wanted a Trans Am so I wasted my money on something that went DOWN in value. If you are 21 and took that 20k and invested it for 40 yrs at 12 % and never added a dime to it you'd have over 2 million .I hope you liked the computer. By the way i STILL HAVE THE CAR TO REMIND ME HOW STUPID i WAS.

Dr Studly

banned
fletch said:
I can't see anybody wasting 20g's on a car much less a computer. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing maybe 21. Take it from me if you are for real,don't blow it. I was given 10,000 when I was 18 and I wanted a Trans Am so I wasted my money on something that went DOWN in value. If you are 21 and took that 20k and invested it for 40 yrs at 12 % and never added a dime to it you'd have over 2 million .I hope you liked the computer. By the way i STILL HAVE THE CAR TO REMIND ME HOW STUPID i WAS.
OMG, MY MOM DID THE SAME THING!!!! she wishes she waited and bought a good house instead of the car she got... cus the house would rise in value...

but there is nothing wrong with spending 20K on a car... (we have like a 24K toyota camery) but thats just when you are financially budgetted out... if u have 20K and are young u should invest it...

fletch

Encore4More said:
OMG, MY MOM DID THE SAME THING!!!! she wishes she waited and bought a good house instead of the car she got... cus the house would rise in value...

but there is nothing wrong with spending 20K on a car... (we have like a 24K toyota camery) but thats just when you are financially budgetted out... if u have 20K and are young u should invest it...

yOUR MOM WAS RIGHT.sHE SHOULD HAVE INVESTED IT OR PAID OFF DEBTS. Sorry ,didn't mean to yell.