BF Bad Company 2

Machin3

As much as I think the game is good, and it is, but one of the problems that annoys me is that everything blends in with each other on that Beta level. At times, its hard to see the players because there are no tags above their head.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
after playing the game again today...it really needs allot of changes,like you said its hard to see people!

i was flying the chopper around today,lost control and crashed and then the game quit to desktop.....fail.

We need prone,its crap without prone Imo....i could live without Lean in MW2 but without prone just takes the pee.

The weapons reload slowly....the vehicles/tanks sound horrible,Yet they sounded great in BF2 so im not sure whats going on.

In all honesty...if i had pre-order my copy from a store and played the beta...id cancel my pre-order...its not worth the money...but i dont think i can cancell now due to buying it on steam!....they have probably already taken payment?

Matthew1990

I almost bought it last night, I was ready to press PROCEED and then I read something bad about it and watched some videos no youtube. The optimalization should be done and dusted at this point, they have like a month to release it. This is just going to be next Crysis, small recommended specs but in real world you need to double it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I almost bought it last night, I was ready to press PROCEED and then I read something bad about it and watched some videos no youtube. The optimalization should be done and dusted at this point, they have like a month to release it. This is just going to be next Crysis, small recommended specs but in real world you need to double it.

I personally wouldnt recommend the game atm,Maybe at a later date i would if they listen to their customers/players suggestions and complaints.

The Graphics are good,but there seems to be alot of Blur in the game which spoils it...i dont realy like blur in my games i always turn it off but cant see any option in the game settings.

It actualy runs very nicely on my machine though,most of the time im hitting 70 fps....least ive seen it go is 55 when theres loads of explosions and alot of stuff going on infront of me.

I just wish MW2 had huge open maps...vehicles,choppers etc that would be perfect.

Orbitron

banned
Uhhh double recommended specs? Recommended is a quad and a 260.....

Aastii

VIP Member
Guys with Q6600 and 4890 are struggling.

I don't think hitting a low of 55fps is struggling really on max settings. If he said it was going to 25, then I would agree, but I wouldn't not buy it in fear I couldn't run it with my specs, which because of my video card, are much lower than nev's

And I am glad that I haven't preordered now ater the comments :p I think I will wait to see what updates on the beta bring and what the final game is like. I can live without a few extras ingame weapons and perks, I can't live with knowing that I rushed into getting a game which was crap and wasted my money completely

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I don't know why my Q6600 & 4890 isn't pumping out more frames. Maybe I need to OC the CPU because I did remember reading something about how the game is optimized for faster cores instead of more cores.

Anyways, I played again yesterday and things seemed to be a lot smoother. They did release some sort of steam update yesterday.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys with Q6600 and 4890 are struggling.

What!!!!

My system isnt struggling at all,BF:BC2 isnt that demanding....,no more than MW2 imo.

My system breezes through Crysis no problems so BF:BC2 is not a problem trust me.

However ive read loads of threads that some people have been having issues with the 295gtx AND also 4890s in Crossfire BF:BC2....

Your forgetting that the game is still in BETA....theres alot of problems.

They did release some sort of steam update yesterday.

Yes i think they did,when i started around 10 pm last night BF:BC2 updated so either steam updated or something Dice sent through something.

They have adjusted the mouse sensitivity aswell,its much better.

Last edited:

Machin3

As far as what I would change in the game:

-While sprinting, be able to move left and right with the (A)(D) keys or what ever you use.
-I found it stupid how you empty out your whole magazine and the guy is still alive.
-PRONE! I definately would find this useful.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
As far as what I would change in the game:

-While sprinting, be able to move left and right with the (A)(D) keys or what ever you use.
-I found it stupid how you empty out your whole magazine and the guy is still alive.

I agree with point 2 and 3, but I kind of like the sprint. It's a lot more realistic as you wouldn't be able to strafe in a full out sprint. Plus it makes it so that people can't run around indefinitely and slows down the game pace a little, which is what Battlefield is based off of.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member

a agree with both of those too...the weapons are too weak imo,the sniper rifle is just too innacurate,you can have the crosshair on the enemys head and hes standing still....shoot...nothing...so i raise the crosshair a litle above his head...shoot..nothing.

Does the sniper rifle scope annoy anyone here too? like all the stupid blur in the lens?

awildgoose

a agree with both of those too...the weapons are too weak imo,the sniper rifle is just too innacurate,you can have the crosshair on the enemys head and hes standing still....shoot...nothing...so i raise the crosshair a litle above his head...shoot..nothing.

Does the sniper rifle scope annoy anyone here too? like all the stupid blur in the lens?

I don't have it yet, but aren't you just playing the Beta right now anyway?
I'm sure that there will be fixes with the full game.

In the beta, is it like COD how you have X amount of bullets in the magazine, and when you don't use a certain amount it magically goes to the next magazine or is it like AA3 how you have X amount of magazines?

Machin3

I don't have it yet, but aren't you just playing the Beta right now anyway?
I'm sure that there will be fixes with the full game.

In the beta, is it like COD how you have X amount of bullets in the magazine, and when you don't use a certain amount it magically goes to the next magazine or is it like AA3 how you have X amount of magazines?

Yeah, its the BETA for right now. But sometimes the company forgets to fix the problems and its really annoying so hopefully everything gets fixed. The bullets magically go into the next magazine.

awildgoose

Yeah, its the BETA for right now. But sometimes the company forgets to fix the problems and its really annoying so hopefully everything gets fixed. The bullets magically go into the next magazine.

Yea but I'm sure with the BETA they will get most fixed.
Dam it annoys me when the bullets just go into the next magazine, that is why I like AA3 you have to be cautious with your bullets and not waste them. Unless you have the SAW...:D

Machin3

Yea but I'm sure with the BETA they will get most fixed.
Dam it annoys me when the bullets just go into the next magazine, that is why I like AA3 you have to be cautious with your bullets and not waste them. Unless you have the SAW...:D

Lol, yeah. it looks stupid when you have 15 bullets in your magazine and you reload and you have an odd number left over.

Fatback

VIP Member
I just watched the video to this game for the first time. I have to say it looks awesome. I played the heck out of BF:BC and this looks like the same kind of fun. I am going to go pre-order it soon.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Played another round today and it seems a bit better now im getting used to it...ive ranked up to lvl 2,unlocked some better weapons etc.

I like sneaking up to an enemy tank and placing explosives...BOOM. :D