Black Hole V2

Jiniix

It's gonna take a while to bench all those PCs. The 3930K and 3570K I don't have, so I can't bench them. The others is gonna take a while, I'm at a LAN right now :) And the Q6600 and the AMD 6400+ I lent to my brothers, but I can easily "borrow" them for bench :)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
It's gonna take a while to bench all those PCs. The 3930K and 3570K I don't have, so I can't bench them. The others is gonna take a while, I'm at a LAN right now :) And the Q6600 and the AMD 6400+ I lent to my brothers, but I can easily "borrow" them for bench :)

Nice!
Want to see how well your athlon performs against mine.
I'm running a minecraft server on the athlon with 25plugins and no ****ing lagg!?!
It was just a wonder lol :p

Jiniix

i7-2600K48GHzBHv2.png

Here's the PC in my signature :)

Jiniix

I honestly think my chip OCs bad. I usually run it at around 4.2 or 4.4 GHz, because it needs ~1.45-1.5v to run at 4.8. It even needs 1.336v to run at 4.4, while my friend can run his i7-2600K @ 4.4 using only 1.28v :)

wolfeking

banned
All chips OC different. Mine is stable at 4.4 @ 1.250V and 4.8 @ 1.270V-1.300V. I think mine would OC a lot better if my board was any count at all. We shall see that in 31 days.

Jiniix

I'm switching the P8Z77-V LX with a Z77 Sabertooth soonish, the V LX was just a cheap temporary solution.
And I still think it's outstanding for the price :)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I honestly think my chip OCs bad. I usually run it at around 4.2 or 4.4 GHz, because it needs ~1.45-1.5v to run at 4.8. It even needs 1.336v to run at 4.4, while my friend can run his i7-2600K @ 4.4 using only 1.28v :)

ow, mine does run (got z68 and le though) 4.7 @ 1.365 max and now running 4.2ghz with 1.235 max. So I'm pretty happy, but I can'toc higher then 4.8ghz, even if I get my voltage @ 1.5

Jiniix

I have been considering changing the chip and testing the one I have from my old motherboard.
I have another i7-2600K packed away huddled up in a P8P67, but cba to remove D14 just to check if this chip OCs better :)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I have been considering changing the chip and testing the one I have from my old motherboard.
I have another i7-2600K packed away huddled up in a P8P67, but cba to remove D14 just to check if this chip OCs better :)

Man, I wish my cooler was smaller :p. Now I've to raise the fans of my silver arrow because of my ram.
But I got a very good cooler, so I don't care about the size anymore :D

StrangleHold

Staff member
Amd didn't have enough money for that. And that would be dumb, they first need to fix their performance per core before they release the 10core...

Its a long story. Some say the real reason Dirk Meyer was let go and it didnt have anything to do with mobile. Zambezi/Bulldozer was ready to be released on 45nm. about 6 months after the Phenom II release. Piledriver was suppost to be the first on 32nm. and then the updated Steamroller. The board wanted it released early on 45nm. because it would have gave them time to work out the bugs for the 32nm. Piledriver. Dirk Meyers stopped it, said the die would be to big on 45nm. and delayed it for 32nm. Then GF had problems with 32nm. at first and it was delayed again. It came out a year and half late with the same performance that it would have had on 45nm. So they ended up with a processor a year and half late/r and one generation behind. Bad rape for AMD at a time when they didnt need it, the board was pissed. If Bulldozer came out at 45nm. we would be looking at a updated Piledriver on 32nm. last year. We would be looking at the Steamroller release now instead of Piledriver. The reason Komodo was dropped and replaced by Vishera , AMD having to fix the Dirk Meyers blunder at 45nm and causing delays. A bad move for Dirk Meyers. Hector Ruiz was a idiot and Dirk Meyers was a good chip designer but not CEO material.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Update Roadmap:
roadmap.jpg

sorry that I've to change the app so many times.
But I want to make this version perfect, found some issues with the multithreaded.
It must be perfect before I release it as an official real benchmark.

Thnxs for your help and tests already!

The scores from multithreaded gonna be almost equal with single in the perfect version release.

Post your scores before 14 september, gonna give the awards then.

wolfeking

banned
error ahoy! You can never release a perfect version. Even a programmer that has been programming for 70 years can never get it perfect. Nature of the beast. Man is not perfect. Nothing we can do is ever perfect, and thus you will not release a perfect benchmark (especially if it is not in C# or C++ and a project you spent years on in a large calibrative effort).