Bsod

Kornowski

VIP Member
:mad:

Ok. So I was on my computer before, on Ventrillo and Safari when I went to play CoD4 Multiplayer. When I loaded it up I got a BSOD!

I restarted and carried on using my PC as usual, playing CoD and using Safari and Ventrillo.

I opened up 'Defragler' and left it while I went and sat with family for an hour or so... I came back to see another BSOD!

I had my RAM running at 1.8v (2.2v should be stock). I went into the BIOS and set my DDR2 voltage to +0.4, which would make it 2.2v. Thinking that may be the problem, I tried to boot up, but I was presented with another BSOD! So I set everything back to stock, tried, and got another BSOD. It won't even start to boot into Windows. It just restarts.

The settings I had have / are stable. I've been using them for months!

At the moment I've un plugged it and will try in the morning. Maybe run Memtest?

Any ideas? This is a real kick in the balls! :mad:

UPDATE:

Have Ran Memtest for 4 hours, (3 passes), With no errors.
It happens with everything OC'ed and at Stock.
Will BSOD when at 47% of defrag, with Defragler.
When coming out of Standby, it'll freeze, but not all the time.
Random BSOD's.
Sometimes, Will turn on, Fans Spin, But will not POST or BOOT.
If left un-plugged for 20 minutes, Will come back on.
Have ran Driver Cleaner, to no avail.
Have ran Check Disk, Nothing.
Ran CCleaner, MANY times, no help.
Sometimes, Programs stop responding.

Last edited:

XanderCage

What is the code, i had a similar problem, if its the 0x000000024 then run a check disk for errors, that should help.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Have you tried removing the CMOS battery? That should make it, if not, your HDD could be messed up.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, I left it turned off and unplugged all night, turned it on this morning and it came on... That's with all the settings in the BIOS at stock.

This is strange, It couldn't be software could it, because it wouldn't even get into Windows.

I'll try running Memtest...

TFT

VIP Member
It would do no harm to run Checkdisk, right click your C:, properties, tools, error checking and tick at least the file check, the bottom check box will also check sectors on the HD.

After pressing OK a warning will come up so do a restart and before it boots into windows it will scan. This is for XP but can't be too far away for Vista.

The other way is in a DOS command CHKDSK C: /F

royalmarine

funny you say that i had some serious bsod the last 2 days.

couldnt for my life figure out what was causing it. error code was telling me it was a power issue. but ive a 750w corsair.
i replaced the psu and still same problems....

so i stripped it down to nothing. re-assembled it. found lots of dust and now she's working fine again.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hmmm. That's strange, maybe I'll give it a dust then...

Also, I ran that Disk Check, Dave. It apparently didn't come up with any errors, I didn't see any and it didn't tell me there was any...

I'll try Memtest... Maybe it was just a random thing :cool:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ran 3 pass' with Memtest, for 3:45 hours and I got no errors, so I'm guessing it was a random thing, strange though! :confused:

I put my RAM at 2.2v now, just to be safe...

Kornowski

VIP Member
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've ran Scan Disk like Dave suggested, didn't find any problems, I've ran 3 pass' of Memtest for 4 hours and that didn't find any problems. Now, I put my computer into Stand By, went for tea. Came back, turned it on, and it BSOD'd!

WTF!?