Bsod

Kornowski

VIP Member
So, I tried going back to a previous restore point to see if that was the problem... Once it booted up, it BSOD'd AGAIN on me!?!?!

So far, I've seen;

0x000000A
0x000008A

Seriously, this is pissing me off, it's been working fine, then all of a sudden, freakin' kick in the balls! :mad:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Again, Another 3! Turning it on, Booting it, Grrrrr! :mad:

I'll try my CPU at stock again... But it's been working for like, months!

Kornowski

VIP Member
I installed a program. But I've had that installed before without any problems. I could reinstall but I'd prefer not to. Thanks for the help!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i suggest the only thing to do now is do a full format and re-install vista.

like you said its been fine overclocked for ages and you still get the bsod on stock right?

i would format just incase vistas messed up.

maybe your pushing your gfx card too much?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, I re-seated the RAM and it hasn't happened, since... *fingers crossed*

Nah, It'd artifact if my card was too high, it wouldn't BSOD. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i would lower the clock a bit dan and see how it goes....you can never be sure :)

royalmarine

dan i got lots of bsod when i had my cards running so high. temps were well within decent level's but it just crashed so much.

glad its not happening anymore :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've had my card running at stock, and it's still been happening, I've got my CPU and RAM at stock too.

I just had a random, 0x0000C1F5 BSOD too... :eek:

TFT

VIP Member
Could SP1 be giving you the problem, you say you installed a program before and installed it again, was that before and after SP1. Maybe it was fine before SP1?
What about that trial browser you downloaded and didn't like, maybe it has overwritten a dll. Did it start happening then? Look in the registry for any files left after removing it.

Can you uninstall SP1?

Only throwing ideas at you, not much help really :)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Could SP1 be giving you the problem, you say you installed a program before and installed it again, was that before and after SP1. Maybe it was fine before SP1?
What about that trial browser you downloaded and didn't like, maybe it has overwritten a dll. Did it start happening then? Look in the registry for any files left after removing it.

Can you uninstall SP1?

Only throwing ideas at you, not much help really :)

I had the program installed before SP1, it was fine. I then had SP1 installed without the program and it was fine. Then I had the program installed with SP1. But I've removed it and gone back to a previous restore point and it still happens.

It was around that time, Yeah!
I ran CCleaner and fixed any issues, I tried that before though, I'll see if it happens again.

I'm not sure if you can un-install SP1... It was working with SP1 for a while though, so I doubt it's that.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, Dave!

I'm thinking about just re-installing Vista, but then... I don't really want to lose everything, it's a huge pain to back everything up! :cool:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ok, so this has happened twice now, When I try to defrag with 'Defragler', it gets to 47% and then BSOD's... Any ideas?

It isn't the RAM, because it's passed 3 passes with Memtest... Could the HDD be dying?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Just came out of standby and it won't turn on. I mean, the fans spin and everything but NOTHING happens, doesn't even post :eek:

If it was the HHD its still post, right?