Building a gaming PC

spirit

Staff member
Scotford said:
Maybe I will then :)
That's what I'd advise you do. Honestly, when I built my first rig, I started buying stuff in October 2010 when the i5 760 and socket 1156 were still the latest generation chip and socket from Intel, but I didn't buy the CPU or board and quite a lot of other stuff until December 2010 after Christmas, and I built my system with the 760 and then not two weeks later the new Sandy Bridge chips and a new socket came out. I was so annoyed. I advise you don't do what I did. :D Buy everything all at once, even if it means you have to wait.

Scotford said:
And please, even though I live in Essex I am Londoner. Refer me as that if you have to instead :p
All right then. :D Take it you don't like being associated with Chelmsford and Essex in general? ;)

Scotford

Ouch that has to hurt. Like when I bought my xbox 360 elite. Even though I am a ps3 more, I bought a 360 for games I liked but couldn't play such as halo series, gears of war etc. But it doesn't have wi-fi. Two months later the later 360 is released with wi-fi for the same price as I paid for this. I was livid.

Haha just being considered Essex :p I like to be labelled by my roots if I have to!

Scotford

Maybe go for the original set up you said but maybe invest in a slightly more powerful video card and PSU. Will the CPU handle a more powerful video card and PSU then you suggested?

spirit

Staff member

Scotford

Well I have purchase the motherboard and the CPU. They should be arriving next week. Next I will get the next more expensive parts being the VGA and the HDD. Then it's on the home run!

Scotford

I did order them from Novatech. I would of like to of order them from amazon for they arrive quicker, however amazon didn't have some of the parts. I will order the Radeon HD 6850 from Amazon though because it is like £10 cheaper and should arrive within in 1 day or 2

Scotford

Oh right. Well I just went for the free delivery option. It's not like I need it right here right now, so I thought I'd save money by not adding any postage fee :p

Scotford

Yea I did receive two emails today saying may order is being scanned and dispatched this evening. If it comes tomorrow or saturday that would be awesome :)

Scotford

Received the CPU and Motherboard through today. Which was good as the estimated delivery was for next week. It all looks good and I am looking forward to putting it all together, once I order all the other parts :)

Scotford

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a Razer Tarantula keyboard for a reasonable price?

Please link!

Regards

claptonman

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a Razer Tarantula keyboard for a reasonable price?

Please link!

Regards

They aren't making them anymore. Only luck would be Ebay or Amazon. I was lucky enough to get one clearanced at Best Buy for $20/£12. :D