Bulldozer

we can only hope, god from what i've read why the hell would the stupid a$$es at amd make the techs go to an automated transistor builder or whatever, something said it was 20% slower and took 20% more die space too

Its cheaper and faster. But they paid the price going from hand crafting performance parts of the CPU to using automated tools.

Clarification: AMD relied more heavily on automated tools for Bulldozer. You don't seriously think a group of people can design an entire CPU with 2 billion transistors? From what I've read, if they put 30% more human effort in it wouldn't have as many bugs, and have better performance. Both Intel & AMD use automated tools to help design, build, and test CPU's/designs.

Havent heard of one yet.

The Athlon II can run 1600. It might gain a little with 1866. Most of the small performance gain is from the die shrink and probably a few tweaks.

The Athlon II Processors can run DDR3 1600 without overclocking? What about a Phenom II Socket AM3 without overclocking?

Is AMD is going to keep producing Thuban, Deneb and Regor a little longer since Zambezi is worst?

Edit: I answered one of my own questions. The ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 Socket AM3 Motherboard runs DDR3 1600 without overclocking.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131655

Last edited:
Is AMD is going to keep producing Thuban, Deneb and Regor a little longer since Zambezi is worst?

I know before the Zambezi release, they claimed Thuban would be discontinued the day Zambezi was released. Just selling out what is left in inventory. My guess is they still will because it would eat into Zambezi sales. Deneb/Callisto was suppost to go at the end of the year. My guess is it will too. The Zambezi is still a smaller die so its more profit for them.

Then the Propus/Rana and Regor some time in the first quarter of next year. I think on those it will depend on how well they can get Llano ramped up. They seem to be still having a problem with the yield rate.

I know before the Zambezi release, they claimed Thuban would be discontinued the day Zambezi was released. Just selling out what is left in inventory. My guess is they still will because it would eat into Zambezi sales. Deneb/Callisto was suppost to go at the end of the year. My guess is it will too. The Zambezi is still a smaller die so its more profit for them.

So we get stuck with an inferior product until AMD fixes Zambezi once Thuban supplies run out. Hopefully AMD comes out with a fix soon. I do not want to buy and Zambezi processors until they fix it. I would rather buy Thuban or the Deneb line of processors.

Sigged.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Bulldozer. It's not over until we see a Windows 7 patch.

Better bios support and a windows patch/new AMD processor driver, I would say they will do alittle better. I was pretty pissed when the fisrt benchmarks came out. They are not really all that bad, other then the wattage when overclocked. If they drop the price, I might snatch up a couple of FX 6100 and see what they will do. But at the price now a 1090 is a better deal.

Well, if AMD marketed these as beefed up quad cores and not octocores I think we'd have a lot less angry nerds on the internet :p

Gotta blame AMD marketing for that one IMO

Well, if AMD marketed these as beefed up quad cores and not octocores I think we'd have a lot less angry nerds on the internet :p

Gotta blame AMD marketing for that one IMO

I dont think the nimrods at AMD could get it right if they tried. I said before they should have never even used the word Cores. They should have called them modules, like they are. A 4 module with 8 threads/ 3 module with 6 threads and 2 module with 4 threads.

I dont think the nimrods at AMD could get it right if they tried. I said before they should have never even used the word Cores. They should have called them modules, like they are. A 4 module with 8 threads/ 3 module with 6 threads and 2 module with 4 threads.

I agree. Burn the marketing guys!

I don't think the nimrods at AMD could get it right if they tried. I said before they should have never even used the word Cores. They should have called them modules, like they are. A 4 module with 8 threads/ 3 module with 6 threads and 2 module with 4 threads.

I can see a man in glasses looking at the roof and tearing his shirt in half screaming:

"Why AMD?! Why?!"

I think the Phenom II 960T Zosma Processor is an excellent choice Claptonman. Be sure you get a motherboard that supports DDR3 1600 without having to overclock the RAM.

Back