Can't get sound woking?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Just got drivers off the Realtek web site and waited for it to download and I get this message!

untitlednh1.jpg

I'm sick of the friggin' thing beeping at me :mad:!!!!

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
For some reason too the computer had been acting really slow. IE and other various programs would stop responding. The Task Bar would become un-usable, I wouldn't be able to click it, but I could use ALT + TAB to switch between programs. But they wouldn't be showing up in the Task Bar.

This computer malarky is really annoying me, sometimes I don't know why I even bother! :mad:

I un-installed everything to do with the Realtek drivers, using Add and Remove Programs and CCleaner. For some reason the computer was Ok again, it would work normal and IE would respond, I don't know why though.

So, I'm going to install the drivers that came with the motherboard CD again and see what it does...

Anybody else who has the Gigabyte 965P-(D)S3:

Could you please tell me exactly what you did to get your sound working, please!

Thanks.

Gigabyte sent me an Email and said that I should download these drivers:
http://www.gbt-tech.co.uk/Support/M...erboard&ProductID=2457&ProductName=GA-965P-S3

I'll give it a go when I get back from college.

Last edited:

fatdragon

i used to have the same problem as you, i fix it the problem (somehow) but then there no volume control in the task bar

Kornowski

VIP Member
You mean like right clicking it and then doing it?
I haven't, no, I'll give it a try though. Do I go to the select manually thing and then find the instal file on the CD or is there something esle?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Yea put the cd in, stop the installer. Open device manager, go to your sound device, right click, cilck update driver, no not this time, install from a specific location,dont search I will choose the driver to install, have disk, then browse to it on the cd. Now then you go to device manager you might have a few listings under sound, pick the sound device itself to update

Kornowski

VIP Member
I tried that and it didn't work, thanks though.

I found this:
http://groups.google.fr/group/micro...ad/7e963da851ca8ffd/9c7de75192ca1245?lnk=raot

I've tried everything and nothing will work!!!!!!! FFS! :mad:

I put the High Defination Drivers on and my computer becomes so sluggish, I can't do anything, I've had to reset it so many times! I take them off and it works fine. I've had no luck with drivers off either Realtek's website or Gigabyte's :mad:

I really don't know what to do!
I don't want to buy a sound card, I shouldn't have to! This thing has onboard!!!!!!!

PabloTeK

Well the Realtek Audio worked on mine straight away, the CD did some auto-install of every driver and boom it was done! The Sound Blasters are much better though because they sound 'purer' than the onboard audio to my ears anyway, the onboard felt a bit muffled on default compared to the sound card.

But anyway...

I think the DS4 CD plopped the Microsoft driver on before the Realtek set so perhaps the order of installing is the issue...

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a screenshot of the sound, video and game controllers tree in device manager?

edit: run 'scan for hardware changes' in device manager before you take the screenshot

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've tried installing the Microsoft Driver and then the Realtek drivers...

Do you think you could upload the drivers some-where for me? Think they'd work?

Cromewell, sure, here it is:

untitledow1.jpg

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
man this is a pain in the backside isnt it mate...i would just buy a cheap £20 soundcard,Even a cheap one will be better than onboard.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It looks as if that's what I'm going to have to do, it just annoys me the fact that it comes with onboard and it won't work and everybody else it Ok! :(

I found a SoundBlaster one for £15, so...

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks as if that's what I'm going to have to do, it just annoys me the fact that it comes with onboard and it won't work and everybody else it Ok! :(

I found a SoundBlaster one for £15, so...

yeah i would just get that then mate...i mean you could be there forever trying to get the thing to work.

the Soundblaster card will be alot better than onboard.

It's an Audigy, that's cool. They just had to go and replace the Audigy with that new, crap Fatal1ty. I have heard so many bad things about those, they sound pitiful.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Right, So I think I may of figured out why it hasn't worked. I mean, C'mon, Why would it not work for only me!? Pffft :p Stupid computers! Anyway...

It says on the driver installation CD that it is designed for SP1 on XP.

and I don't think I installed it when I had put Windows on, Does Windows come with SP1?

So then I went ahead and got SP2 and all of the updates from MS and then installed the stuff...

So do you think I need to un-install all of the updates and then put the sound drivers on?

I thought it was a good idea, What do you think?