Check out my pc's and lmk what u think and what else i should do

PC eye

banned
djdevynator said:
ya, but one thing i like about the Gigabyte is that it has dual vga slots.

Are you referring to SLI? That would be a board with two PCI-Express slots one being the PCI-E 16x for single card use.

PC eye

banned
Most of the newer boards out by both Asus and MSI are SLI unless the model has the ATI chipset on it. The nForce 4 is a great work horse for gaming according to many reviews. For Crossfire however you would need the ATI chipset for that. The room for the twin PCI-E cards comes at the loss of the pci expansion slots with many boards now only having two slots. The better models have the three slots available. That can help when XP's resource sharing becomes a problem where you then have to move a sound card around.

djdevynator

My ram heat spreaders(taken with phone):
Photo_0060.jpg

posted it here cause i cant post anymore pics on first page

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
Those are usually called heat spreaders. You will see that in vendors' descriptions on memory often. But those will help when gaming heavily.

PC eye

banned
You can also get some memory as well as card(video, sound) and drive coolers from 3rd party sources. Just how good many of those are can be quite debatable at times however. Many seem to be gimics just to sell something. :p

PC eye

banned
Hope that works out well there. You can even go the length to get a water cooler for graphics cards alone. Personally I'm looking to get into another case with a dual 120mm fan setup since the case is in a more enclosed space with a wall only a few inches away from the rear of the case itself. That hinders exhaust where I keep the side cover off even in an air conditioned room. The ThermalTake model can be seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133147

djdevynator

ya iv seen the liquid coolers for graphics cards, i almost got a whole liquid cooling system. then i decided to wait till i get a new pc to go liquid.