Computer Forum Tech Guides

spynoodle

In your last post, you wrote it in two sentences. If we use a semicolon, we could reduce it down to one. :p

I really don't mind a thread though. If you feel it may bring traffic to CF, give it a descriptive title that'll attract the search engines, but don't count on a sticky. :)

I guess you're right: a non-sticky will attract the search engines just as much as a sticky would.

Fun fact: I found CF on Google. I just searched "Computer Forum" and it was the first reult. Very good naming by Ian. :D

linkin

VIP Member
Guys, what do you think about a "How to set up your sound card for best audio quality" guide? I just had a brainwave and thought of that. Most people I know just install their cards and the drivers and leave it at that! Of course, it won't get you the best audio quality :D

lucasbytegenius

Guys, what do you think about a "How to set up your sound card for best audio quality" guide? I just had a brainwave and thought of that. Most people I know just install their cards and the drivers and leave it at that! Of course, it won't get you the best audio quality :D

If your guide can eliminate the tiny amount of static I get in my headphones, then that would be awesome :D

Russ88765

I'd love one. I'm having trouble just getting my integrated to act right. I was hoping to learn it in and out before investing in a full out audio card. It's affecting my gaming a bit too, choppin in and out sometimes. I vote yay, i've always wanted to learn more about what sound cards do, how to use them, how to shop for them, system requirements, and any other light you could shed on the topic.

NyxCharon

Is there any interest in a guide on setting up a linux box for filesharing/ssh/apache/etc for home use? I just got done setting up all of it including samba, and mapping it for windows, so i figured i would ask while it's fresh.

wolfeking

banned
I would like to see it. I may set up a file sharing box if there is a good guide on it.

Also, just an update, Linux guide is being revised and worked on. Not much being done atm, but it will get done soon, probably within 2 months. Going to be a lot more professional this time.

spirit

Staff member
Do we have a guide on No POST Diagnostics? I've not seen one about anywhere. If we don't, I can write one if you want? I'll make it as detailed as possible etc.

spirit

Staff member
I've contacted Nevakonaza about it. I will also try to include a list of beep codes too should I write the guide, thanks for the suggestion Claptonman. :)

spirit

Staff member
linkin said:
I think when moving on to a new area/topic you need a title with bigger text and more blank lines, so it's not just one big mess of bold text.
Yeah, I agree. Will do! :) Thanks for the comments!

Edit: Extra titles and spaces have been added. :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Had another idea for some tech guides - Cable Management and/or Virtual Machines, sound good? I can't write them just now because of schoolwork (got some exams) but give me several weeks and I should have time to write them. :) What do you think?

NyxCharon

Any want for some linux guides? I need something to do. I was kinda thinking I could do a writeup on the basics of bash scripts or something like that, unless someone had a better idea. I have a bunch of it to do soon, so I would have plenty of examples to post with it.
If someone wanted to see something other then bash, feel free to say something, I'm fine with doing multiple guides.

salvage-this

At work I wrote the documentation that will be used in for the imaging process that we use. Would anyone like to see a guide working with Imagex and wim files? The documentation that I have now is 10 pages long with images and breakdowns of the commands that are needed as well as a bit of troubleshooting common problems that I ran into. It is geared towards business but I want to make this guide more for the home users as an alternative to imaging the full drive or doing a full new install.

Thoughts?