Computer Forum Tech Guides

ninjabubbles3

Can I?

Can I make some sort of guide to good cases, because a ton of people ask for cases?

Like kind of a general guide, kinds of cases, companies, good ones in general.

Also, I know we have a guide for all sorts of budget to expensive builds, but its horribly outdated.

I would be willing to make a new one and maintain it as new parts come out.
Is this something I should attempt?

Darren

Staff member
I'm seriously considering doing a complete how to on building a machine. I'm thinking I'll completely tear down my current system over my winter break and rebuild it. Any thoughts?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'm seriously considering doing a complete how to on building a machine. I'm thinking I'll completely tear down my current system over my winter break and rebuild it. Any thoughts?

We can compete and see who makes a better guide ;)

C4C

How about a "what to do when you think your GPU is DOA and everybody questions your other components?" guide? :D:D:p

C4C

Just try doing the RAM thing. I thought one of my parts was DOA too

Didn't work... I don't get to see BIOS either if the card doesn't work so I have no idea what component I have that could be causing the issue... Really wishing I would have gone with an APU and then added discrete graphics..

Head back to that thread.. Made an update..

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Go for it. Geoff's thread was awesome, one of the best I've seen, but the photobucket links are broken and it's a little dated. It would be great to have something current.

Geoff

VIP Member
Go for it. Geoff's thread was awesome, one of the best I've seen, but the photobucket links are broken and it's a little dated. It would be great to have something current.
Ah, I remember that thread. I just checked my computer and I do still have the photos, so I could relink them if I was able to edit that post.

Someone could take my guide, update the photos, and tweak the instructions a bit so it's more current instead of having to redo the whole thing from scratch.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Someone could take my guide, update the photos, and tweak the instructions a bit so it's more current instead of having to redo the whole thing from scratch.

at the very least your guide should be used as a reference, very well done!

Darren

Staff member
I'm happy to do it and feel like it would be a fun project. I'll probably use Geoff's as a "template" but rewrite most if not all of it.

Last edited:

C4C

Does anybody have a needed guide topic? I'm willing to make one if applicable.. Can I update the Cases 101 sticky?

Last edited:

salvage-this

I started a guide on how to pick parts for different types of builds. I'll post it up when I am finished with it unless no one here thinks it would be beneficial.