preview_2.jpg

Maybe i can come up with something in the middle

edit: Here's something somewhere in the middle
preview_3.jpg

Lee :D

Last edited:

apj101

VIP Member
lee i do like those one, maybe just keep the win, linux, and apple logo.

Also not too sure on the font, but i love the images

lee101

VIP Member
hmm, the font, i'll look for something better now, i did try it with this:
commodore_64.gif

but it went really really fuzzy

Lee :D

edit:
here they are with the linux, apple, windows logos but with different fonts:
computer_forum_logo_4.png

computer_forum_logo_5.png

computer_forum_logo_6.png

computer_forum_logo_7.png

computer_forum_logo_8.png

has anyone got any suggestions on the font, i can't think of anything that looks great

edit 2:
with the current computerforum font:
computer_forum_logo_9.jpg

Lee :)

Last edited:

The-Llamalizer

Encore4More said:
i think we need to redo our whole ComputerForum colors them and make it more bubbly!!!

along those lines, you could do like another forum i frequent, notebookforums.com, and make different styles/color schemes for the forum that u can change on the fly via a dropdown menu

Dr Studly

banned
or just a little more modern looking... mebbe since it is a computer forum, we could have it a little Vista-ish? or XP-ish? as in the look/theme...

or i little more modern... kinda like ipodwizard.net... i think they are using the same general layout as us, just differenct icons and colors... i don't really like our icons... they look like they are from the windows 2000 era
but that is just MO

Dr Studly

banned
34erd said:
Whats wrong with that? Windows 2000 rocked, lol.
we are talking about looks! and xp (IMO) looks cooler...
if i had it my way i would want something vista looking-ish... i dont, which is fine...

also what would be SWEET! would be the home page of CF having like computer news and links to the rules, stickies, most often asked questions on CF, and most popular threads at the time, and on the center of the page there is a big link/picture that says GO TO THE FORUMS!

Last edited:

jbrown456

As long as we don't talk about windows ME, lol.

I am still working on my logo, I am slow in photoshop. :p lol

And I have a bit of a cold right now so I am talking it easy. :D

Dr Studly

banned
shoot... my brain just thought of like a million things we could change/add to computer forum to make the site a better forum!!! should i post them here or make a new thread about it??

Dr Studly

banned
ok, i've been to a bunch of forums... and CF is really boring... (no offence IAN)

if we do some of these, we could really put the bar up for the standard for computer forums... ( i can see techforums thinking... uh-oh... doom:p )

like there are just little things we could do... most of this stuff i picked up from ipodwizard.net... and i beleive they use the same setup as us baisically...

SIGNATURES!!!lol... most forums let their members put small picutures in their signature!!! c'mon, we could do that!

Gif avatars... that could be like a special privilage to members that can be trusted not to dishonor that privilage...

Computer Forum Home Page:
If your a member:
on the Right of page: USER CP
Center Of Page: something that like could automaticly update news from computer news website... in the middle of news could be a big bubbly looking link that you CAN't miss, that says: ENTER THE FORUMS
Top of page: Advertisement and advertisement on the mottem (i.e. newegg advertisements on top of page, red bull advertisements on bottom of page:p )
somewhere on the page there could be links to: stickies, commonly asked questions (make sure that is very visible so people don't start posting without seeing if it has already been asked), and currently hot threads...

a very clean vista-ish looking theme... a theme with "appealing" or "attracting" colors... more clean-cut (but still bubbly), modern icons (we could get some of the CF members that are more skilled in this to help in making this new theme...) not so professional that it would scare people away, but not so unprofessional that it would scare people away (if you know what i mean)

then when u click enter the forums you will see what looks like the current homepage (just whith the new theme w/ the new icons)

make the off topic section so that it doesn't up your post count... (so people can post more conversation and keep a community here without just wanting to up their post counts...)

oh and are we using pre-made theme or premade icons and stuff??

- caleb

tell me if you want me to post more of my ideas... this i wat should be done IMO

Last edited:

4W4K3

VIP Member
Your ideas are good, but only for certain types of forums I think.

.gif images take a long time to load, compared to .jpeg's and the like. That means people on slow connectiosn would have to wait longer, and it might discourage them from coming on the forums.

same with signatures. the more graphics on the page, the longer it takes to load. it's no problem for us DSL/Cable guys on fast machines. But for people on slower connections, or even faster connections with incredibly slow PC's (like me) the images and fancy graphics make the loading time crawl.