Computerforum LOGO - your opinion.

jbrown456

Well here is my go at the logos. I am not a photoshop master so.... there not anything special...

logotry14bf.jpg

logotry25hv.jpg

logotry35or.jpg

4W4K3

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
none of those ideas would be slower than using "My Computer" on windows vista... or windows xp...

Your "My Computer" does not contain .gif images it has to download and display (avatars), neither does it contain several images (signatures) it has to download and display.

There is a big difference between simply opening an image saved on your harddrive, and downloading an image in a web browser and viewing it. The pictures do not instantaneously appear if you have 56K, they have to be downloaded first.

So if you have an image heady website, or a very graphically intense layout...it's going to take forever to load. Not so much for you guys who have fast PC and internet connections, but for others it can be a pain.

Not to mention, why don't we allow .gif avatars and fancy graphics and signatures on this forum already? It's not the first time it's been suggested I hope you realize. It does look nice, but it can also look cluttered, and loading time is more important than fancy looks.

Not bringing down any ideas, so far the suggestions and work have been excellent. Just trying to be practical.

Dr Studly

banned
4W4K3 said:
Not so much for you guys who have fast PC and internet connections, but for others it can be a pain.
well for one... i don't have a fast PC (look in my signature:( )
these days there are more people that care about looks, then there are people with dial-up...

4W4K3

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
well for one... i don't have a fast PC (look in my signature:( )
these days there are more people that care about looks, then there are people with dial-up...

It's twice as fast as mine :p

We'll just have to wait and see what the staff thinks. I'm just a member voicing my opinion, I have no power lol.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
4W4K3 said:
We'll just have to wait and see what the staff thinks. I'm just a member voicing my opinion, I have no power lol.

I like the way the forum is currently set up. I also like the fact that ian will allow a new Logo at the top - if someone creates one that catches his eye. While I like your ideas Encore4More, I don't think it will ever happen. I also do not like forums that are cluttered... The way the forum currently looks, it makes the content of the forum stand out above the graphics ...which is really what this forum is all about!

As 4W4K3 said, we will have to wait and see what ian thinks.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah

I do feel that the current layout and color scheme is very good and needs no changes. I always argued for a change of the image, nothing else. I think that it should be something more professional looking, but nothing over the top.

JAN :D

The-Llamalizer

Encore4More said:
or just a little more modern looking... mebbe since it is a computer forum, we could have it a little Vista-ish? or XP-ish? as in the look/theme...

or i little more modern... kinda like ipodwizard.net... i think they are using the same general layout as us, just differenct icons and colors... i don't really like our icons... they look like they are from the windows 2000 era
but that is just MO

MO? you modus operandi?

jk. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
only thing up for change is the logo, not the user control panel or color scheme. Any new logo would have to be in line with the current color scheme.

jbrown456

Why oh why do I have to come here and make this stupid thread active again??? Next time it dies down to the second page, I for one am leaving it...

Ideas???

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
im not sure, but i would guess that the logo needs to be bought up to date, using that same font isn't going to do that very well

wow, revived, nice, *opens up photoshop*

dragon2309

jbrown456

lol, April 16th was the last post in here other than today (and it was by me too :)), I still think that there needs to be a new logo. I just wonder if this thread will take off again?

lb562high

banned
im not sure, but i would guess that the logo needs to be bought up to date, using that same font isn't going to do that very well

wow, revived, nice, *opens up photoshop*

dragon2309

i like the font we have up there just fine...the backgorund pic and color need to be updated..IMO anyway :)