Computerforum LOGO - your opinion.

Dr Studly

banned
i am not graphically talented:eek: so this is my idea, you guys would have to draw it out:eek: (if you like it)

cfdesign27jv.jpg

cfdesign0yg.jpg

also that could be used as the sidebar on my idea of the CF homepage...

also idk about you guys but i am on CF 24/7 (almost) and i wouldn't minde CF having something like a windows CF desktop (like google desktop) or CF sidebar...:p

yes slow forums could cause ppl to stay away, but so would boring forums... (no offence anyone... i love CF)...
and more people liek apealing colors than slow computers... ok, look at the PC in my signature... that runs some of the more graphicly styled forums more than fine...

i have been to forums with images in the sig, and it opens fine... and the majority of people nowadays that would come to CF the way it is now prolly have Cable/DSL anyway! i think as technology advanced... so should internet pages (i.e. computer forum)

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
jbrown456 said:
That is like the best idea I have heard so far.
thanks!

4W4K3 said:
Your ideas are good, but only for certain types of forums I think.

.gif images take a long time to load, compared to .jpeg's and the like. That means people on slow connectiosn would have to wait longer, and it might discourage them from coming on the forums.

same with signatures. the more graphics on the page, the longer it takes to load. it's no problem for us DSL/Cable guys on fast machines. But for people on slower connections, or even faster connections with incredibly slow PC's (like me) the images and fancy graphics make the loading time crawl.
none of those ideas would be slower than using "My Computer" on windows vista... or windows xp...

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
just to let you know encore4more, any decent sidebar has an RSS feed reader built in, the one i use for instance, i loaded up the cofo's RSS feed into it and bigno, there it is...

there is the sidebar with the feed on it...
sidebar14lo.jpg

and if you hold your moue over it you get some details (shown below) then you can click ang GO GO GO....

sidebar28ba.jpg

just thought i'd let you know

dragon

Dr Studly

banned
eh... not really a sidebar i meant... (btw, i had that sidebar but is slowe my PC down...)
like kinda like something on the start menu bar...
i.e. like WMP on the start bar... something that type of CF plugin

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
oh ok, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick. and ive heard people say that about this sidebar, but it doesnt slow my PC down hardly at ll, at peak it uses 2% CPU usage, and only an average of about 6Mb memory, i think i can spare both of those

dragon

Dr Studly

banned
dragon2309 said:
oh ok, sorry, got the wrong end of the stick. and ive heard people say that about this sidebar, but it doesnt slow my PC down hardly at ll, at peak it uses 2% CPU usage, and only an average of about 6Mb memory, i think i can spare both of those

ya, well ur computer is a little better than mine:eek: :p ;) :rolleyes:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
thats a cool sidebar design, have you been making that by yourself, thats really cool, well done

*edit* - although i cant get your link to work/download at all... stupid freewebs

Dr Studly

banned
the vista sidebar would be escpecially great if we used a vista theme for CF

dragon2309 said:
thats a cool sidebar design, have you been making that by yourself, thats really cool, well done

*edit* - although i cant get your link to work/download at all... stupid freewebs
thats a pic the sidebar that will come vista... jbrown, correct me if i am wrong

you see the search bar? that could be used like this search function we have now...

Last edited:

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
is it, i dont remeber seeing anything that loked tlike that when i was running vista, mind you it was beta 4079, which is a tad old now

dragon

jbrown456

Well, here is a start:

That is the sidebar in action. Now, just trying to think of the top section, and, the actual subject here, the logo. lol :D

EDIT: Dragon, the psd should work now.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i have to agree that does look damn swish, but also damn outta place at the moment, and this has been raise several timwes before, ian does not want it changed in such a majoy way. Read the title of this topic, then look at what your suggesting.

draogn

Geoff

VIP Member
jbrown456 said:
Well, here is a start:

That is the sidebar in action. Now, just trying to think of the top section, and, the actual subject here, the logo. lol :D
I think that looks really good, but you would also need to change the site layout and color scheme for it to match.