Discussion/Beta Testing thread - Black Hole

spirit

Staff member
Would be nice if it were DX10 and DX11, then we compare anything from about 2006 to what we have today.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I know that. I was just rambeling a bit.
Will it be a DX11 only like 3d mark 11, or will it be "DX11" like BF3 where it will work on older cards at a reduced rate?

Maybe it works, I'll test on my gt220 later.
But I thought BF3 just uses DX9 if it doesn't detect dx11?

wolfeking

banned
nope. It still runs under DX11. As shown below on my 4870.
bf3_2012_07_04_19_23_04_833.jpg

and I am 99% sure you can program it to run on multiple DX versions. There are plenty of games out that revert down when applicable hardware is not detected. BF3 does not revert, but it will run on DX10 hardware.

wolfeking

banned
I want to make it like 3Dmark11, who cares testing the older cards. If the newest games come out in dx 11?
If you are making it DX11 only and it will do the same job, then why remake what already exist? Your will not achieve anything that their professional programming team has not already done.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Found the problem, we fixed the exe. But your scores can be very invariable running any programs with it. I closed all programs and had 3 times exactly the same scores.
But now we can't use the scores that were done already, that's pretty sad....
We'll post the exe online when we're sure it's totally stable!

Virssagòn

VIP Member
If you're known anywhere else you could introduce our benchmark. You're allowed to do that.

The official threads will stay on computerforum!

(I can't really advertise since I'm only active over here...)
Also making a website purely for the scores, the official stuff will stay here.

Thanks,

SmileMan & Spirit

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I have experience with MySQL databases, what are you looking to do?

So, I got a small server here. I want to create a database with all data from testers.
(Made a datatable already) Do you have skype or other chat programs?

what I got from subjects init:

-username
-cpu
-cpu speed
-ram
-ST Points
-MT Points
-FP Points
-Total Points

I just want to know how to connect it to my program and how to retrieve and save data init.

EDIT: Maybe I want to make a scoretable too.

Ankur

So, I got a small server here.
You need a web server basically, hosting it will be the best option.
I want to create a database with all data from testers.
I just want to know how to connect it to my program and how to retrieve and save data init.
So you basically want to the user to download the benchmarking software like before and when they run the benchmark, you want to automatically store it in the database on the server?
I PMed you my skype.

spirit

Staff member
On behalf of SmileMan, I would like to announce the NEW BLACK HOLE is coming out on the 30th DECEMBER 2012!

New features!

- Dedicated website for Black Hole including scoretables!
- New point scaling (Single-Threaded)
- Online results (Database)
- The scores of other CPUs can be seen within the program itself!

...and much more! But all will be revealed on the 30th December!

**We are looking for anybody experienced in web design to help create a website for our benchmark! PM myself or SmileMan if you are interested (probably best to PM SmileMan).

**If anybody here is a member of another forum, so long as it is OK with the moderators of the forum, could you please let people know on other forums about the new Black Hole benchmark on the 30th December and get them to test it and post their scores?

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Official Launch day advertising help!

30 December

Like spirit said above, we'll release a new version on the 30th of December this year!
We need people who can help me and spirit advertise it on many different forums/sites.
All official discussions will stay here btw.

What I want to do;
I want to launch the new version and give info on as many forums/sites as possible, so it gets a bit more popular.
People who want to help me with this, will receive all information, links, downloads,... on 28 december.
All of us will post it on 30 december, that's what I call the official launch.
(beta launch would be on 28 december, if everything is going the right way.)

Be sure you're known/active on the forums and allowed to post it by moderators. (what'll basically not be a problem I think)
The program will be totally free btw. On the site, there'll be donating options (no benefit like 3Dmark). And probably I'll allow sponsors to place there logo somewhere on it.

Please help us! Send me or spirit a PM if you want to launch with us! Also tell me on what site you're planning launch it, so we don't have duplications :p.

Thanks for your help,

Smile&Spirit