Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Motoxrdude

O ok cool. Yeah I stopped folding on my ps3. At 21 cents per kilowatt hour (which is generous because it gets up to about 35 cents typically), it would cost about $280 a year to run my ps3 non stop. Once i build a new pc i will run the gpu client because my computer will be on anyways.

Hyper_Kagome

I haven't been able to fold with my PS3 lately... why? I DON'T KNOW! For some reason I can't find Folding @ Home anywhere on it anymore!

Ughhh.

kobaj

VIP Member
Hehe, I've only been having two of my family pc's folding and they have kept me in the top 20 for cf, nice!

Im thinking of making my main rig fold while Im asleep or something :D!

Keep up the good work guys!

Buzz1927

Digaredd
I haven't been able to fold with my PS3 lately... why? I DON'T KNOW! For some reason I can't find Folding @ Home anywhere on it anymore!

Ughhh.
It's at the bottom of the network things, I'm sure it's still there! :)

Oh, and it's changed names to playstation live, or something, crap..

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Hehe, I've only been having two of my family pc's folding and they have kept me in the top 20 for cf, nice!

Im thinking of making my main rig fold while Im asleep or something :D!

Keep up the good work guys!

Nice work, Kobaj. Our team is really kicking ass. If everyone with a G80 or better nVidia GPU, or even Radeon 38xx series or better card were folding, we'd be in the top 300 in no time. :D

Kagome-- Go to Network, scroll down and click on F@H (as Buzz stated). :)

Vizy

I hate to be Mr. Obvious, but, obviously you are being punished because you were doubtful of whether or not to join the CF squad.

:p

Really though, i have no idea. Just reinstall it. Did u follow all of jan's rules?

Calibretto

VIP Member
I hate to be Mr. Obvious, but, obviously you are being punished because you were doubtful of whether or not to join the CF squad.

:p

Really though, i have no idea. Just reinstall it. Did u follow all of jan's rules?

You mean ian? not jan :p Yes I tried to follow the instructions in the sticky but the version he demonstrates with is out of date and has since been a better version so it's a little different.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay, Craig. Uninstall your current SMP client. Later, I'll post back with detailed instructions for installing the 5.91 beta6 client.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Ok thanks for helping me out Mike!

Update: I uninstalled and started over again by installing the console version. A few questions though:

- It says it's "writing local files" while showing the progress. Can I close the console window?

- How can I make it run automatically when Windows starts? because there wasn't an option about this in the console.

The tutorial on CF about F@H is way out of date so it's not helping me out to its full effect...

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Update: I uninstalled and started over again by installing the console version.

Which client?

- It says it's "writing local files" while showing the progress. Can I close the console window?

- How can I make it run automatically when Windows starts? because there wasn't an option about this in the console.

You can minimize the window, but you can't close it. If you want to run the client in the tray, try TrayIt. Unfortunately, I've never had any success with the program, but I think Jet got it to work for him. It allows you to move any minimized window into the tray.

The tutorial on CF about F@H is way out of date so it's not helping me out to its full effect...

It'll be updated soon. :)

Calibretto

VIP Member
Which client?

d77abe3untitled.png

I also got it to run as a service....