Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Buzz1927

Digaredd
Is there any way to view past log files?

I had a few F@H crashes this weekend and I made a few changes to my system. The display driver would crash and I would have to start a work unit over again. I found out it was caused by a Windows update and I uninstalled it. I think it's working good now.

I left my computer on while I was at work for about 12 hours to slam out some WUs. My wife shut down the computer right before I got home...the log file reset and I want to look at the log file from today and see if it crashed:(
Right-click the f@h icon in the task bar, then "status", it's in there :)

ScOuT

VIP Member
Anybody working on the new 5905 projects?

OMG...I started folding it at 10:39 this morning and it's 17:09 and I still have 11% left:eek: Running wide open all day on this. This thing better be like 8,000 points:D

I looked up the project info and it stated it was new...wait for details:(

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody working on the new 5905 projects?

OMG...I started folding it at 10:39 this morning and it's 17:09 and I still have 11% left:eek: Running wide open all day on this. This thing better be like 8,000 points:D

I looked up the project info and it stated it was new...wait for details:(

I'm still on 5766. Any update on the PPD?

ScOuT

VIP Member
I finished it last night...almost 7.5 hours to complete:eek:

F@H still says "new project...wait for details"

I am pretty sure I had 247,136 ponits before I finished it...this morning I have 255,056. If I am correct about my before points, it would be just a little short of 8,000:D

I got another WU of the same kind after that was finished...he goes another one;)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
fahmon

Download and install. You can monitor your PPD and F@H activity to the second. You can keep better track of your log files as well. It's a necessity for a 24/7 folder. ;)

ScOuT

VIP Member
fahmon

Download and install. You can monitor your PPD and F@H activity to the second. You can keep better track of your log files as well. It's a necessity for a 24/7 folder. ;)

Thanks for the tip!

I just looked at it...I will do it when I get home. I used to run it before I did a Windows reload, forgot all about it. That is when I first started Folding and was confused about the whole thing.

I just accidently installed it on a work computer:eek: Oops;) I'm sure I will hear about this:D

kookooshortman55

Does anyone have a figure of how much bandwidth this program uses? I've kinda stopped since moving back from college, I have terrible internet at home, and the house is too hot to fold haha.

bomberboysk

Please tell me you're not folding for evga. They don't need your help dude. ;)

Maybe... I like the free evga bucks:D Hard to pass up 100 evga bucks once you hit a million points.... But on a side note... in vmware im getting about 11minutes between %'s using two core vm's, in vista it took about 12-13 minutes using 4 cores... So im getting over double the performance(mainly due to the A2 core)...

On another note- Im getting around 14-15k PPD now from a 9800gtx, two vmware clients on my Q9450, and a PS3. I used to get 8,000-9,000.....

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
I finally had a rainy day I didn't have to work and got my Folding straight. I stated running CPU and GPU client simultaneously. The CPU is pretty slow but every bit helps:D

fahmon

Ya...that's a cool program:cool: I like it:D

Temps are good and I am crushing WU:good: I am averaging between 7,900 and 8,400 PPD right now depending on the WU. I have had a couple up around 9,000.

Untitled-24.jpg

GPU @ 685MHz and running a cool 57c

CPU will barely break 50c under full laod

10,000,000 here we come;)

Last edited:

bomberboysk

I finally had a rainy day I didn't have to work and got my Folding straight. I stated running CPU and GPU client simultaneously. The CPU is pretty slow but every bit helps:D

Ya...that's a cool program:cool: I like it:D

Temps are good and I am crushing WU:good: I am averaging between 7,900 and 8,400 PPD right now depending on the WU. I have had a couple up around 9,000.

Untitled-24.jpg

GPU @ 685MHz and running a cool 57c

CPU will barely break 50c under full laod

10,000,000 here we come;)

You should vmware fold, i went from 8k to 12k with a ps3 and rig in sig;)

bomberboysk

I actually tried 2 times...followed instructions to the letter on overclock.net and the F@H forum. It would never work right for some reason:(

That sucks... It worked the first time for me, had to say i was impressed when i saw it crunch a WU in 2 hrs less time than windows, and only on 2 cores:eek: (As vmware player only utilizes 2 cores so i gotta run an instance per 2 cpu's) Id try this guide, its the one i used: (hardest part is getting the ip address of the vm lol)
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-your-ppd-vmware-look-inside-easy-guides.html

Ethan3.14159

Just started folding. (finally) I was wondering if it uses all 4 of my cores automatically, or if I have to make it do that. Also, I have SLI running, so I want it to use both of my gpu's. Do I need to run 2 instances of F@H for it?

bomberboysk

Just started folding. (finally) I was wondering if it uses all 4 of my cores automatically, or if I have to make it do that. Also, I have SLI running, so I want it to use both of my gpu's. Do I need to run 2 instances of F@H for it?

You need to disable sli and run them independantly Read"About multi gpu support"
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-ATI2#ntoc17

You need to run the SMP client to use all four cores. You would need to download the smp client,Its a console based client, and when it asks for advanced flags give it -smp.(you would set flags under the Advanced features when it asks "Change advanced features?")

Last edited: