Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Hyper_Kagome

Well, I'm at my dad's house for a few days this week, so I only have the family computer at home folding at 40% when they have it turned on... my PS3 isn't on while I'm not there for that long of a time. I can't leave it like that... poor thing. =[

PabloTeK

Just overtook you as well Hyper :p The main issue I've found is there seems to be about a 12-24 hour delay before I get a bunch of WU's updated at once.

ScOuT

VIP Member
The main issue I've found is there seems to be about a 12-24 hour delay before I get a bunch of WU's updated at once.

Same thing happens here, I'll complete like 6 work units and it and take a day or so before I see my score update. Kinda a nice surprise opening up the score sheet and seeing a big jump:D

Team Ranking
367 of 153481

We are gettin there guys:cool:

bomberboysk

Just started folding again(well, on pc at least, ps3 has been folding for last ~3 months):
fh-1.jpg

Edit: Resized to 800x600

ScOuT

VIP Member
Untitled-9.jpg

You were right about the GTX 260...this thing shreds work units. Folding at 690 MHz with no issues, temps are ok between 65 and 70c:)

Gooberman

Hmm I should get into this once I get new computer and get kicked out of house after school, and move into city and get High speed internet

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Untitled-9.jpg

You were right about the GTX 260...this thing shreds work units. Folding at 690 MHz with no issues, temps are ok between 65 and 70c:)

I'm happy to say I began folding again. I discovered the GPU folder the other day. I'm currently running both the CPU and GPU Folding@Home programs. Is it alright to do that, or should I just stick to one? (I personally like the GPU one because it folds faster - and I'm currently running my card on stock settings)

clipboard01sys.jpg

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
About the past week or so my folding has slowed down. When I first started folding GPU...it would take about 1.5 hours to complete a work unit. It was like this for weeks. This past week it takes about 3 hours. Is it a different kind of work unit they are using now? Is there some kind of update or something?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
About the past week or so my folding has slowed down. When I first started folding GPU...it would take about 1.5 hours to complete a work unit. It was like this for weeks. This past week it takes about 3 hours. Is it a different kind of work unit they are using now? Is there some kind of update or something?

It's a different WU. 1680 points per WU.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Sweet....I am downloading the March 3rd driver release and the voltage tuner now:)

I'll write back and let you know what happened...that is, if I don't start a fire:D

Will it work with your 55nm card? I saw in the eVGA forums people complaining about the utility is not supported:(

**********:D1,000 Posts on this one:D**********

Last edited:

ScOuT

VIP Member
The utility works...kinda cool actually:cool:

This is a TechZine article waiting to happen...let the testing and recording begin:D

Untitled-11.jpg

Core clock: 729MHz
Memory Clock: 1152MHz
Shade Clock: 1458MHz
Voltage increased from 1125mV to 1200mV
Temp: 55c:good:

And folding wide open with no issues so far. I am going to play some Call of Duty later and see what happens. I have never been able to get above 700MHz before...nice app;)

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
And folding wide open with no issues so far.

Sick. Find the highest stability within reasonable temps and post back. I'll take a look at some of the other BIOS editors that allow you to increase GPU voltage.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I tried a few tests...not too good of results. Normally I can run a game with no issues at 690MHz at stock voltage.

When ever I run a game or a 3Dmark06 test with any sort of voltage increase it crashes half way through the first graphics set. I even tried stock clocks with a slight voltage increase...still crashed.

With Folding it helps and I ran it at 740MHz with 1250mV for about 2 hours and it ran great. Really did not speed up the WU at all.

My motherboard is almost an antique now...bout time for an upgrade:D Trying to get the household Commander to bless off on an eVGA 790 board...almost there:)