Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Also, can I use multiple teams on the pc? Like if I create a team for my blog, can I fold for cf and my blog? I know I can't on the ps3.

wolfeking

banned
okay, so I feel stupid. Anyway, I got my 630 under 2000 pro running the no nonsense version. I entered the wrong team number, and did not realize it. How can I go about resetting it to 44358 from 44538? I fell really dumb.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
okay, so I feel stupid. Anyway, I got my 630 under 2000 pro running the no nonsense version. I entered the wrong team number, and did not realize it. How can I go about resetting it to 44358 from 44538? I fell really dumb.

Stop the client and then just edit the config file in the FAH directory.

wolfeking

banned
the client.cfg it put on the desktop? okay, I got it edited.

next question, how do I get the CMD screen back up where it shows the work it is doing? I tried win+r -> cmd and entering
Code:
 FahCore_78.exe
but it outputs that it is not recognized as an internal or external command.

MineIQ1701

Given my specs, should I fold on my CPU, GPUs, or Both? Will it affect how fast my computer runs games/programs?
Edit:My CPU is not ALWAYS at 4.9 GHZ, thats just my record, I keep it at 4.3. Ghz

Last edited:

MyCattMaxx

That set-up should crank out some righteous points.
Keep an eye on your temps, esp the gpu.
If the gpu fan doesn't come up to speed there are a couple of apps that you can use to control fan speed and overclock also.

EDIT: you will probably have to use software to get out of sli mode.
FAH doesn't work well in sli I have read.

EDIT 2: You will want to stop folding while gaming.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Staff member
the client.cfg it put on the desktop? okay, I got it edited.

next question, how do I get the CMD screen back up where it shows the work it is doing? I tried win+r -> cmd and entering
Code:
 FahCore_78.exe
but it outputs that it is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Point the cmd prompt to the FAH directory then do fah*.exe -configonly

Replace the * with the version you put in your name. Also, what exactly are you looking to do?

wolfeking

banned
Point the cmd prompt to the FAH directory then do fah*.exe -configonly

Replace the * with the version you put in your name. Also, what exactly are you looking to do?
I just want to see what it is doing. When I installed it, it had a prompt windows that was counting off how far along it was, but it did not come back after restart. Maybe I am worrying about nothing, but I still like to see it.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
There is a text file called unitinfo.txt that says how far along it is with the work unit.

MyCattMaxx

How is that ps3 folding, byteninja?
Are they still doing about 1k ppd?
They used to be the hot folders a few short years ago.
Your c2d could probably just about match it now.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Haha!

clipboard01vyd.jpg