Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hehe

How long does it take for WU. It keeps saying. Estimating time. :p

The estimation time is just an estimation. Sometimes it takes a very long time before you actually get an accurate representation of how long it would take for the WU to complete. Just give it time. Nice to see ya guys joining up. We are gonna fly through the roof with our ranks!

JAN :D

Jet

VIP Member
The estimation time is just an estimation. Sometimes it takes a very long time before you actually get an accurate representation of how long it would take for the WU to complete. Just give it time. Nice to see ya guys joining up. We are gonna fly through the roof with our ranks!

JAN :D

When are you going to get your X1950 Pro?

Jet

VIP Member
You do? I've got one at 70% and the other at 100%. How long does it take your card to do a WU? :confused:

around 19 hours. I decided not to overclock at all because it is so finicky, and a lot of people that have gotten theirs to 700/700 have them die a few months later. If I drop the usage to 80% of one core for the GPU, it drops to 3.2 seconds per frame from 2.6. I haven't gotten around to overclocking my CPU since my XP reinstall. I'll have to do that sometime, though I value stable now more than speed.

Warriorhazzard

I see. Well right now I have my CPU at 100% :D I am also looking at some vids. and they are not slow so Ill keep it that way. Feels good helping. ;)

thealmightyone

I just fold on both cores when Internet browsing os msn-ing, on the console version. As far as I'm concerned, they finish when they want to finish.

Grey410

GPU issue

Problem: My GPU client has stopped running. I double click it and it pops up then goes away. So I downloaded the new 5.91 and tried installing that but get the same thing when clicking run. It pops up then goes away. My regular folding clients work fine still. The only thing I've done is installed Java. Could that be it? It worked earlier just fine. Java hmmm.... Any thoughts?:confused: