Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Jet

VIP Member
Problem: My GPU client has stopped running. I double click it and it pops up then goes away. So I downloaded the new 5.91 and tried installing that but get the same thing when clicking run. It pops up then goes away. My regular folding clients work fine still. The only thing I've done is installed Java. Could that be it? It worked earlier just fine. Java hmmm.... Any thoughts?:confused:

What drivers are you using?

And, I also figured out why you can run your GPU with lower CPU; it is because I have a 256MB card compared to your 512MB.

Grey410

GPU no worky

What drivers are you using?

And, I also figured out why you can run your GPU with lower CPU; it is because I have a 256MB card compared to your 512MB.

I'm using the Catalyst 6.11 I have been using them all week and folding on my GPU just fine. Now I just rolled back to noon today before the Java install and the same thing is going on. Weird! :eek: :confused:

Jet

VIP Member
Lol, Thanks Jet I was feeling really dumb. Now I know I'm dumb :p . Thanks for helping me so quickly. Is your GPU client doing it too then? Are all the GPU clients they have for download doing it? I got the new 5.91 and same thing.

I have the GUI version and it is running fine. If you set the date back, then it should work until they get the new client out for download.

Grey410

GUI stuff

I have the GUI version and it is running fine. If you set the date back, then it should work until they get the new client out for download.

Is the GUI version hard to use or harder to setup than the client? :confused: You have the date on your PC set back?

Jet

VIP Member
Is the GUI version hard to use or harder to setup than the client? :confused: You have the date on your PC set back?

I wouldn't recommend it, because it causes more issues with games and such, though it is a little easier to keep track of...sometimes. I just have been using it because I switched a while ago and thought the other one was messing up when it wasn't. I'll probably switch back to the Console when I switch to the other one today.

Warriorhazzard

I saw a problem running a game. I opened the game then it minimized itself. I opened again but then again it happened. I paused the WU and it still happened. I had to quit F@H for that 30min period. :(

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hey

I saw a problem running a game. I opened the game then it minimized itself. I opened again but then again it happened. I paused the WU and it still happened. I had to quit F@H for that 30min period. :(

Yes, it is a know issue in the GRAPHICAL version. I would therefore recommend that you get the console version and set it up according to the following guide:

http://www.computerforum.com/421903-post3.html

JAN :D

Jet

VIP Member
The CF progress hasn't been updated yet :)

Now I am at 16:15 per WU with my graphics card at 580/500 :)

Jan, are you not folding anymore? You've dropped to less than 700 points per week...

Last edited:

Jet

VIP Member
What's the main difference between the graphical and the console version? Is the console version any faster?

The graphical version has more control and a "better" user interface, but it has more compatibility issues with running it along with other programs, like certain games.

The console version is simple and easy to use. This is what I do: I run the console version, but don't set it up to start automatically and become a background task, but start it so it is in a DOS window everytime the comptuer starts. That way, I get the compatibility, as well as being able to monitor it.