Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
500!!!

We just reached 500th position in the rankings!

Congrats to all and get this discussion going again guys!

JAN :D

Burgerbob

Holy Cow! im gonna remember to turn on my computer all the time now, leave it on at night and whatnot. Thats great!

fatdragon

ok i started folding on my laptop which has dual core but when i put display on the folding program it shows a black screen window so i dont know when the folding is going to finish

goosy22

stopped folding on my laptop... started on my PS3, cause i have nothing better to do with it right now (no good games) and it eats protein folds for breakfast ;)...

Ben

VIP Member
stopped folding on my laptop... started on my PS3, cause i have nothing better to do with it right now (no good games) and it eats protein folds for breakfast ;)...

Whoa! Dood, nice work on getting that to work. How'd ya do it? :D

goosy22

Whoa! Dood, nice work on getting that to work. How'd ya do it? :D

it's a built in option, as long as your firmware is updated to the latest version (i think 1.6x), they have an option to install it under the same menu that remote play and the playstation store are under... don't remember for sure as my PS3 isn't right in front of me...:)

Jet

VIP Member
goosy22, PS3s get quite a bit of PPD. How many hours a day are you running it?

Guys (and gals), lets pick it up! We're still hovering around 500, part of this is because our decreased PPD, some of it is because teams made from the PS3 are passing us with ultra high PPD.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Update

Latest update:

Date of last work unit 2007-04-12 12:11:56
Active CPUs within 50 days 134
Team Id 44358
Grand Score 1169166
Work Unit Count 12744
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 498 of 60105

Guys for a more thorough update of HOW WELL COFO is doing, check out:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=44358

Also have a look here:

http://www.computerforum.com/56751-folding-home-about-how-team-progress.html

.. and remember KEEP ON FOLDING!

l939_300x300.png

Last edited:

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Update:

Latest update

Date of last work unit 2007-04-15 13:15:33
Active CPUs within 50 days 131
Team Id 44358
Grand Score 1181429
Work Unit Count 12820
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 497 of 60782

Jet

VIP Member
The Windows SMP Client is out, so all who have dual core, quad core, dual single core processors, or dual dual core processors are welcome to cash in on the increased PPD!

ADE

banned
The Windows SMP Client is out, so all who have dual core, quad core, dual single core processors, or dual dual core processors are welcome to cash in on the increased PPD!

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? WHERE DO I GET IT??? LINK??? PLEASE!!!

ADE

banned
Is it safe though? I mean, if I DO get it, what are the chances my computer will crash??? 1 out of 10 please. 10 = worst

Jet

VIP Member
I am running Windows SMP now. Remember to run the batch file in the installation folder before starting up the client. You must enter both your computer username and password, which means that you need to put a password on your Windows user.

ADE

banned
Yeah, another problem. "Work unit has an invalid address"
"error. attempt to get work failed" and then it just keeps retrying.