Kesava

yeah thats correct.

i dont understand why.

dont more people have nvidia cards?

so wouldnt it be better to make it compatible with them? lol

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Our team is doing horrible right now. What the hell happened to everyone? Jet, are you still folding? On the team list, it appears that most of the original members are no longer folding, and only a handful are making a real contribution.

I'd really like our team to get close to the Top 300 by the end of next year. Those of you with PS3's can make an incredible contribution. Let's get this team back on track! :D

Kesava

ill start folding when they either make a gpu client compatible with nvidia or when i get a new cpu. whichever comes first.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
ill start folding when they either make a gpu client compatible with nvidia or when i get a new cpu. whichever comes first.

Right on, Kuzba. In the meantime, I can try and help you get that 5.03 client runnin', if you're interested.

Kesava

my cpu hates it. it gets really really hot for some reason. like up to 60 degrees if im doing something else at the same time.

and i really dont like letting my cpu run that high.

Kesava

worth? anything that can run the program will be great for CF.

so if the client is compatible with your gfx card or system then yes.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
would it be worth folding using a ati x1400 on the imb lenovo t60

Yes, I think so. If you haven't already, read through the ATi FAQ's at the Stanford website. I've never ran a GPU client, so if you set it up, post your progress in this thread. I'm curious to see how it goes. :D

worth? anything that can run the program will be great for CF.

That's right. Anyone else with a compatible ATi card should consider running the client as well. Every processor makes a difference. ;)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Guys!

Guys, we gotta pick up our efforts!

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO ARE TAKING PART AND PLEASE GET RECRUITING!

Here's what we have managed to achieve:

Team Id 44358
Grand Score 2819824
Work Unit Count 19889
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 411 of 95219
Home Page http://www.computerforum.com

tcert.jpg

JAN :D

Kesava

well im 2 hours away from finishing my 3rd WU ahha

and im trying to get the downstairs computer to fold.

most of the time it says "cannot connect to the work server"

but anyway. it seems to be working with the console version.

salman

My internet comp is always folding when on sempron sckt 754 2ghz, 6hrs a day,
hopefully should be getting internet on the compy in my siggy soon so i'll run it on that aswell.

CopperKid

alright well then in that case i guess ill try out that link for folding using the gpu, i wonder if my lappy will get much hotter haha oh well only one way to find out right?

if i end up folding using the gpu and i want to then play a game would it act the same way that it does with the cpu?

...im lost...

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
if i end up folding using the gpu and i want to then play a game would it act the same way that it does with the cpu?

I usually shut down the client when running games and restart the client when I'm finished. You'll see a huge drop in (gaming) performance if you attempt to run any client while gaming. Browsing the internet, using Office apps, basically anything that's not CPU intensive can run while the client is active.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Great

Happy to see the thread back on track and alive as it should be! Keep it up guys, we are heading in the right direction!

JAN :D

Kesava

we are back to 412th place...

im about to finish a WU.

i want to run my system 24/7 but i have unsolved hardware problems and dont like leaving my computer unattended cos it half turns off. haha.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
we are back to 412th place...

Yeah, we slipped a few spots. :( If we had ONE MORE PS3 owner (*cough* INTELCRAZY *cough* hpi *cough*) folding when idle, we'd easily break 400 and hold our position.

im about to finish a WU.

i want to run my system 24/7 but i have unsolved hardware problems and dont like leaving my computer unattended cos it half turns off. haha.

It's awesome that you've continued to fold despite your PC problems. That's dedication. Nice job, Kuzba. ;) :D

Kesava

ive given up folding on the old 733 mhz system. because it has never finished a WU and probably never well. reason being, its not actually mine and my mums boyfriend doesnt like it being on much. and it takes like 15 straight days to finish a WU anyway...

as soon as i get a job im gonna fold on

45nm?/3.4ghz/something else i can put together.