Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

Kesava

anyway. 2 minutes till my 8th WU.

but im pretty sure that ive only ever done like 4. something has stuffed up haha.

micheal how many years have you been folding for? :D

Kesava

hahah oh ok. one day ill get a PS3.

in fact next time i get a gfx card ill probably go ati if they still havent got a nvidia client

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Update

Here's an update on our team status:

Date of last work unit 2008-01-14 12:54:59
Active CPUs within 50 days 111
Team Id 44358
Grand Score 2906041
Work Unit Count 20111
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate) 411 of 97743

JAN :D

fatdragon

well forget the first problem because i manage to fix it but now i got another problem it keeps have the core error problem plus it doesent have my username

[01:28:42] - Ask before connecting: No
[01:28:42] - User name: Anonymous (Team 0)
[01:28:42] - User ID: 778BEF35327C1A4
[01:28:42] - Machine ID: 1
[01:28:42]
[01:28:42] Loaded queue successfully.
[01:28:42]
[01:28:42] + Processing work unit
[01:28:42] Core required: FahCore_a1.exe
[01:28:42] Core found.
[01:28:42] Working on Unit 01 [January 15 01:28:42]
[01:28:42] + Working ...
[01:28:47] CoreStatus = 63 (99)
[01:28:47] + Error starting Folding@Home core.

CopperKid

when you were setting it up is it possible that you accident skipped or pressed enter when it asked for your user name? as for the core error haha beats me :p

Kesava

yeah he hasnt put in a name or team number... but that wouldnt cause an error... no idea...

ive stopped folding... once i get my new mobo in a few days it should be the last time i reinstall windows for a while.. so lets see how it goes... :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmmm

Nice progress guys and keep up the good work :)

We have dropped down in terms of the CPUs active. I am sure we will be able to pick that up or that perhaps a lot of us are working on large WUs.

JAN :D

kobaj

VIP Member
Hate to interrupt but just thought I would throw this out there. My server that was folding has been rededicated to a CSS server. And as while I would love to run both programs at the same time, I cant. So the only one left folding is my sisters and dads computer, which turn a WU out once every...year?

Sorry, maybe one day Ill get a core2duo server and then run both programs :D. But this just means everyone else who has been trying and failing can finally advance past me. I think Ive been on the top 10 (extreme over clocking F@H stats) producers ever since my server started (years ago!).

Happy Folding.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure who you are, Superpetrik, but I'm comin' after ya. :p

Congrats to Copperkid, AdmnPower and Oscaryu1. You guys are climbing the ranks pretty fast! :)

Tuffie

I have just started folding so expect to see some results soon. :p (I will probs get all competitive and start leaving my pc on 24/7 lol)

Anyway, I do have a dual core CPU, but is it really worth it to set it up?

Tuffie.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I have just started folding so expect to see some results soon. :p (I will probs get all competitive and start leaving my pc on 24/7 lol)

Awesome. :D

Anyway, I do have a dual core CPU, but is it really worth it to set it up?

Since you have a dual core, run the SMP client. If you need installation instructions, reply to this thread.

SMP Client Download. <---Click on the link labeled "5.91 beta 6"

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
You can now fold with your Radeon 3xxx series card. Click here to download. I installed the client 10 minutes ago and things are running smoothly, so far. :)

If I have any problems, I'll post in this thread.