Gaming Laptop on a 1400$ Budget

Rawlaw

K up and working fine. Though i can't figure out how to put my games on it. I want to because my comp. dosen't have enough room for windows 7. Should i download it too my external hardrive???

bomberboysk

K up and working fine. Though i can't figure out how to put my games on it. I want to because my comp. dosen't have enough room for windows 7. Should i download it too my external hardrive???

Yeah. You can put games on it once you install windows 7, as your gonna have to reinstall everything with windows 7 anyhow. Just make a folder on your hard drive called like "programs", and set your install directory for games to there.

Rawlaw

Do I have to reinstall all my games? I was hoping I could put my games on my external, install windows 7 on my comp then play my games fom the external.

bomberboysk

Do I have to reinstall all my games? I was hoping I could put my games on my external, install windows 7 on my comp then play my games fom the external.

You need to reinstall the games, as just "putting them on the external" would not have the right file locations/registry entries/etc for windows 7 to use. Plus you cant just move a program from say, drive C: to drive F: without reinstalling it.

Rawlaw

It's going to take 12 hours because i am at a hotel with a crappy internet connection... So how do i download my stuff onto the external hardrive once it finishes?

bomberboysk

It's going to take 12 hours because i am at a hotel with a crappy internet connection... So how do i download my stuff onto the external hardrive once it finishes?

Like documents and whatnot? Just copy and paste anything you need, then you can get around to reformatting with windows 7..

Rawlaw

K here is my problem I have no documents on my computer just games that I would rather not reinstall. During the night the download stopped. I am just going to wait till I get home but I wanted to know if I could move my whole game to my external before installing windows 7.

bomberboysk

K here is my problem I have no documents on my computer just games that I would rather not reinstall. During the night the download stopped. I am just going to wait till I get home but I wanted to know if I could move my whole game to my external before installing windows 7.

No, you have to reinstall games in windows 7 or they will not work, Doesnt matter if they are on the external hard drive or not.

Rawlaw

k. are you sure that website will let me install Windows 7 because i had a problem with it before not installing