gateway solo 3300

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
= theres a little needle type thing right next 2 my power button on the Solo, and when the screen hits that, it either puts it in standby, or shuts it off, soo i was thinking about cutting that thing off with something lol.
If you cut that off, the monitor will never turn off, and will die much sooner.

Under properties (right click on the desktop) and screensaver, see if there is any power option.

Bobo

banned
hmmmm....

Next time I get on that lappy (my grandma has it right now) I will try and find how to change that

That should be tonight, so hang tight

Bobo

banned
OK, I have it now. It is a Gateway Solo something (9300, maybe?) with a PII 366 MHz, 64 MB RAM, and Win2k Pro

Go into the BIOS, under the Power tab, and change the "lid closed" to "backlight off" if it isn't already

Right-click on the desktop, properties, screen saver, power, hibernate. Disable hibernate.

Back to power, make sure everything except monitor off is disabled

Try this, see what happens

jp198780

you are the man ;), all i did was: "Go into the BIOS, under the Power tab, and change the "lid closed", i changed "lid closed" 2 "Active". i didnt have 2 right click on Desktop etc., im glad someone had the same type of laptop, and knew what i was talking about lol. you have the same thing, with the little needle?

Bobo

banned
I think that all laptops do, my compaq armada e500 (which I am on right now) and my dell latitude (C400 maybe? It's in the closet somewhere) does also

And about the operating systems, i think that you will find that 2k is far superior to ME

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
yeah, soo u like the old laptops huh? lol. u dont use the C400? i got a C600.
Nope, the C400 is dead, I had been trying to fix it, and eventually gave up.

The only reason that I have old laptops, is because they are cheap. I got all of these for free. Actually, that is how I have gotten all of my computer stuff, except my main desktop (a64 3400, 512MB, 290GB)

I just love to mess with old stuff

jp198780

really? your laptops 4 free? nicee!!!, look in my sig, their older, but i luv em, i like the older systems 2, my desktops are upgraded, with the ram, and my Latitude will be upgraded 2. are youtrying get rid of the C400?

Bobo

banned
the latitude is a pile of parts, why?

The Compaq Armada E500 actually works really well, I run XP on it. Actually, I will be selling this one sometime, to get a new one.

Bobo

banned
The Armada works perfectly, actually it has been the backbone of my computer setup

I think that all the parts are there, but the chances of it working are about .0001%. (a year or 2 ago I got it, and everything was passworded, even the BIOS had a bootup password, so I took it apart, trying to reset the CMOS, and it didn't work, so I just took the whole thing apart, and figured out how it worked, and so forth. I was a noob back then)

The Armada:
PIII 1GHz
128MB RAM
ATI Rage Mobility
15" LCD
CD Writer/DVD ROM
Floppy
30GB HDD (5400 rpm?)
all the standard ports
XP SP2
Office 2003 Standard

It runs PC100, and supposedly supports PC133, but when I bought 2 256MB sticks of PC133 to put in (the max is 512MB) it didn't work. I don't know why....I never tried to upgrade with PC100 because it is more than double the price of PC133, if you can find it

jp198780

ebay, damnn, i didnt know Armada's processors went that high, i always thought they were lik 300-500MHZ.

i was interested in the C400, because my brother wants 1, why the hell is everything password protected?!

Bobo

banned
I don't know. I haven't been on it in like a year, like I said, it is just a pile of parts.

Every Armada that I Googled only had a processor around 500MHz also, I am not quite sure why this one is so high. Actually, it only registers as 995MHz

kgkjhkjh8oz.jpg

I've gotta go to bed now, cya later

jp198780

download Everest, and it will tellyou the exact clock, like 996.87, 4 example.

well what do you want 2 do with it?

i'll talk 2 u tomm. man, cya.