Graphic Card needed

ninjabubbles3

GPU temps are fine, but I would be worried about the CPU temps. You might want to buy a CPU cooler just to make sure you dont degrade your CPU. Try removing dust from your CPU fan, and see if that helps

Darren

Staff member
I think I found the problem
i purchased a 1600mhz ddr3 4gb whereas my mobo supports upto a max of 1333mhz :-/

But again, why is the ram working fine with 32 bit?
i mean its showing 6gb ram and ram usage also falls as soon as i insert the 2gb stick with 4gb already there!

It should just downclock the RAM by default to 1333MHz. If you can, go in to your BIOS and manually set the clocks for the RAM to 1333MHz or even 1066MHz.

Have you tried SafeMode in 64bit?

Your CPU temp is still pretty high, you should get that lowered once you sort your RAM issue. Your GPU temps are fine. GPU's run a bit hotter than CPU's.

Darren

Staff member
How can i lower the cpu temp?
There isn't any dust

One thing at a time. Get your RAM fixed first.

If you want to lower your CPU temp you'll need to get a new cooler or at the very least a fresh coat of thermal paste. We can help you with that but I'd worry about your RAM first. Have you tried what I suggested?

sudcell

One thing at a time. Get your RAM fixed first.

If you want to lower your CPU temp you'll need to get a new cooler or at the very least a fresh coat of thermal paste. We can help you with that but I'd worry about your RAM first. Have you tried what I suggested?

Trying that would mean installing the 64 bit windows again..
:(

EDIT: am worried about the cpu more coz just now i switched on my pc and checked the temp. It was 33°C
now, am not playing any game. Just started the saints row 3 installer and the temp after 5mins of installation has reached 60-61°C
am not getting why this is happening

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
If you go to your system properties how much RAM does it say is actually usable right now?

Also, if you're worried, get a new CPU cooler.

sudcell

If you go to your system properties how much RAM does it say is actually usable right now?

Also, if you're worried, get a new CPU cooler.

3.24Gb

i am playing saints row 3 from the last 15mins..
the cpu temp. Is btw 52-56°C
what the hell is happening here

sudcell

52-56 is totally fine. Getting north of 65 or so is a problem.

Alright..!
but what am saying is why cpu temp. Was getting so high while playing sniper elite 3? When its normal while playing saints row 3 at ultra settings ?

I thought its gpu that heats up according to game settings

goranpaa

I'm not totally sure about this? But maybe Sniper Elite 3 are more cpu intensive than Saints row? Maybe you should look into wich background programs you can safely shut down while playing Sniper?

Darren

Staff member
Alright..!
but what am saying is why cpu temp. Was getting so high while playing sniper elite 3? When its normal while playing saints row 3 at ultra settings ?

I thought its gpu that heats up according to game settings

Use the Resource Monitor when playing both games and see how much your CPU is being utilized during each game across all your cores.

goranpaa

Hmm, I have been reading around a bit about Sniper E. III and the cpu heating up. You are not alone exsperiencing this. I found 3 other forum treads conserning this problem.

There are 2 cures for it so it seems:

Disable supersampling and tesselation in the game options. These 2 options put a lot of stress on the hardware. I think it's wise to disable these in the Catalyst Control Centre too if you have them enabled?

Enable Mantle support for the game:

To enable it you need to select the “Use Mantle” tickbox in the game’s launcher, which is accessed via the Options button. Mantle, will lower the workload for your cpu and gpu some.

Make sure you have the latest Catalyst driver for your Radeon card. Uninstall the previous driver before you install the new one.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Even at 100 percent load on all cores 70 degrees is a bit too high.

Sud, just get a new cooler. What case do you have?

sudcell

Hmm, I have been reading around a bit about Sniper E. III and the cpu heating up. You are not alone exsperiencing this. I found 3 other forum treads conserning this problem.

There are 2 cures for it so it seems:

Disable supersampling and tesselation in the game options. These 2 options put a lot of stress on the hardware. I think it's wise to disable these in the Catalyst Control Centre too if you have them enabled?

Enable Mantle support for the game:

To enable it you need to select the “Use Mantle” tickbox in the game’s launcher, which is accessed via the Options button. Mantle, will lower the workload for your cpu and gpu some.

Make sure you have the latest Catalyst driver for your Radeon card. Uninstall the previous driver before you install the new one.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

I too read this thung that u mentioned , didn't try it as yet but SS and Tess..wteva are already turned off.. will check with the mantle tomorrow..

sudcell

Even at 100 percent load on all cores 70 degrees is a bit too high.

Sud, just get a new cooler. What case do you have?

The windows gadget was showing around 55-60% cpu usage at that time, i remember !

Case is unbranded one but i do have a 12mm fan installed at back- Cooler master having 40-88 cfm----exhaust
on the side detachable panel i have one 80mm deepcool fan sucking outside air into the cabinet and other 80mm fan (came with the cabinet ) exhausting out

EDIT: WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES A CASE MAKE?
i am asking this coz i saw an ad recently on a website for a cabinet being sold.. it is COOLER MASTER CMP350

Last edited:

goranpaa

A larger midtower or a fulltower will likely have better cooling thru more 120 mm or 140 mm fans preferably. It's also much easier to tuck away cables out of the way from these fans airflow paths in a case with more space. But the CoolerMaster CMP350 is'nt what you want. Maybe a CoolerMaster HAF instead or something similiar.

Let's hope enabling Mantle will improve the tempertures for you in the Sniper Elite 3 game.

Last edited:

sudcell

A larger midtower or a fulltower will likely have better cooling thru more 120 mm or 140 mm fans preferably. It's also much easier to tuck away cables out of the way from these fans airflow paths in a case with more space. But the CoolerMaster CMP350 is'nt what you want. Maybe a CoolerMaster HAF instead or something similiar.

Let's hope enabling Mantle will improve the tempertures for you in the Sniper Elite 3 game.

Alright

but i don't think the wires are blocking the airflow, or they could coz my cabinet does not have any openings on the front and i have tucked all the wires to the front....

Darren

Staff member
It's not terribly surprising if your CPU is that hot. From the sound of it, it's probably a pretty cramped case. Bigger cases have more volume of air moving through them which helps obviously and more space to let your components "breathe" a little more. The main reason I was asking is because how wide your case is dictates what kind of CPU cooler you can fit in there.

You don't need to spend a fortune getting a good case. Most 50 dollar cases these days are pretty good and from the sounds of it, almost anything will be better than what you have now.

sudcell

It's not terribly surprising if your CPU is that hot. From the sound of it, it's probably a pretty cramped case. Bigger cases have more volume of air moving through them which helps obviously and more space to let your components "breathe" a little more. The main reason I was asking is because how wide your case is dictates what kind of CPU cooler you can fit in there.

You don't need to spend a fortune getting a good case. Most 50 dollar cases these days are pretty good and from the sounds of it, almost anything will be better than what you have now.

Then how about the CMP350?
should i go for it? OR some other one?