GTA V Next Gen Release Date

Darren

Staff member
I thought it was a commonly known thing even before the launch but I didn't pay much attention as I didn't really care.

Okedokey

You also have to keep in mind that it depends on how easily developers are able to access all that power.. We really didn't see the 360 being pushed until BF4 and GTA V came out.. By then developers had found the best way to optimize.

It could still be another year or two (or three) before we see the Xbone and PS4 reach peak quality.

That article also says the games look identical.

C4C

Specs released for PC.... Holy crap it's intense for the CPU.. GPU, not so much..

38ba1a48dbfbfec37bb28392fc21bdc9.png

Aastii

VIP Member
How is that intensive? The fact that a next gen game only requires an 8 year old processor is impressive as hell. Even for the recommended specs, a AAA game, especially a sandbox game like GTA, only needing 30 month old hardware is not out of the ordinary

Darren

Staff member
It boggles my mind how the recommended for Intel is a Quad Core at 3.2GHz while AMD it's an Octa-Core at 4.0GHz. I would imagine it makes use of 8 cores so it surprises me it doesn't recommend an i7 with HT to get 8 threads of use off the Intel chip.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I don't really consider GTAV next gen as it was built to run on 8 year old hardware and then upscaled for PC.

Darren

Staff member
Well I'd assume it uses 8 cores on new consoles since they're octa cores, and GTA V PC is a lot more like the next gen consoles than last gen.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
What's the minimum you'd have to spend to upgrade and take full advantage of the PC version? I'm running an i7 920 w a GTX260.

G80FTW

Well I'd assume it uses 8 cores on new consoles since they're octa cores, and GTA V PC is a lot more like the next gen consoles than last gen.

Yes...but, 2 cores share an fpu so i doubt that games will be able to fully utilize 100% of that cpu. Im sure the octacore is more for being able to have a game running and switch between other programs on the consoles more than just for the games.

C4C

What's the minimum you'd have to spend to upgrade and take full advantage of the PC version? I'm running an i7 920 w a GTX260.

I'm on the FM2+ socket so to switch and take advantage would cost me around $260 (AM3+)..

For you, it might be a matter of just upgrading your GPU, though it does meet the minimums.

And that brings me to this curiosity question: what will the minimum quality setting of GTA V look like?

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member

Probably just the price of upgrading to one of today's mid-high end cards, eg GTX 760 or 770.

ninjabubbles3

I'm on the FM2+ socket so to switch and take advantage would cost me around $260 (AM3+)..

For you, it might be a matter of just upgrading your GPU, though it does meet the minimums.

And that brings me to this curiosity question: what will the minimum quality setting of GTA V look like?

Not too bad really. Even super low res games look pretty darn good in my book, but thats me with my Wii, and shitty ass computer

Darren

Staff member
Seems no one has said this yet, so I will. GTA, the entire series, SUCKS. :)

Cheers:good:

Thanks for the incredibly valid input.

GTA V at minimum settings will probably look like last generation, maybe a little worse in some respects like render distance and what not.