Help buiding Computer

mobo only supports up to 2133mhz, and that aint worth over double the price of the others, but there is this

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231435

but it's not only the mhz that matters but also the cas latency, and a lower on is better, but idk too much on the subject so i can't say which'll be faster, but both will be increadibly fast.

ok well they both seem good, and im guessing im going to need to add a blu ray or dvd drive or two?

jonnyp11

could've sworn i put one, but yeah you need it to install windows, they're only 20 for a dvd burner/reader

jonnyp11

i'd say no, i know part of the cost for ultimate is xp mode which is basically the ability to almost turn it into xp, but it's a waist for what you're doing, the regular is fine, but since it's for college you may want microsoft office, may be a bundle of the 2.

i'd say no, i know part of the cost for ultimate is xp mode which is basically the ability to almost turn it into xp, but it's a waist for what you're doing, the regular is fine, but since it's for college you may want microsoft office, may be a bundle of the 2.

i honestly prefer using google docs which is free, and ok what about the pro one then? which is barely a price jump from the regular?

jonnyp11

idk, look it up for that, really if you don't care about the extra 20/30, which considering the current price i doubt, then just go for it. and also don't forget you can get a 3d kit too.

just a simple bump, just want to make sure everything i have is good before i order stuff, and also hwo much of an improvement would gooing to 16gb ram from 8 be? i will have multiple programs up at once each use a lot of pwer and stuff, so just making sure im all good before i order

Last edited:

jonnyp11

go for it i guess.

and i'd really recommend finding someone who knows more to at least help you, some of the stuff is harder that you'd think, but most of it is simple, the main thing is the heatsink and fan, there are somethings you have to do to do it right, just find someone.

go for it i guess.

and i'd really recommend finding someone who knows more to at least help you, some of the stuff is harder that you'd think, but most of it is simple, the main thing is the heatsink and fan, there are somethings you have to do to do it right, just find someone.

ok i have one of my friends that could help build it, its just hes away right now so he couldnt help me with picking out parts, and last should i double up the ram? i as reading up on the motherboard and it says it has room for 4 sticks of it, and it also says you can have 3 video cards in it, i already got 2 so would the 3 be just like way overkill?