Help buiding Computer

jonnyp11

you can get more ram if you want but i think it cancels dual channel which adds performance, and 3 of that card would decrease performance in 2 of them and be pure overkill time 3, the 2 of them are overkill except for the 3 monitors, the 1 card alone is overkill and can smash any game todayy by itself, but feel free to get the third and send it to me as thnx :D

you can get more ram if you want but i think it cancels dual channel which adds performance, and 3 of that card would decrease performance in 2 of them and be pure overkill time 3, the 2 of them are overkill except for the 3 monitors, the 1 card alone is overkill and can smash any game todayy by itself, but feel free to get the third and send it to me as thnx :D

lol :p and can i support 3 monitors with just the two cards?

jonnyp11

yes, each card has 2 dvi outputs, i'll check but i'm fairly sure those monitors should have dvi inputs

yep, it does, and you upgraded to 3 27'', god i hate your setup soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......... much.

Last edited:
yes, each card has 2 dvi outputs, i'll check but i'm fairly sure those monitors should have dvi inputs

yep, it does, and you upgraded to 3 27'', god i hate your setup soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......... much.

lol, want me to take some pics for you when its all done

jonnyp11

if you post pics i'll try not to look, will make me cr on my comp and then it will fry and then i won't even have this p.o.s.

ok well i asked my friend who builds computers if he would build this for me and he said yes and i showed him the parts and he pretty much said like get a different SSD i need different video cards, something bout eyefinity or something idk? and something about a reaid card and raid array, anyone know what the hell this stuff is or if hes correct? he didnt have much time to talk he just told me that and i havent had a chance to talk to him since

jonnyp11

mobo's these days almost always have built in raid cards and you shouldn't need a special bracket, and idk what ssd you got so can you link it, those should have eyefinity but i will check, he might not be as good of a builder as he or you think he is thow.

jonnyp11

this is copied from the mobo's page

SATA RAID 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0~SATA3_1) and 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5) support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 by Z68
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7) support for SATA RAID 0 and RAID 1 by Marvell 88SE9128

Eyefinity is for radeon hd's so yeah

and that is a nearly perfectly rated ssd, there is nothing wrong with it, and it is the correct socket for the build, i guess he just doesn't use this high quality parts or something cause looks like he was wrong on everything.

this is copied from the mobo's page

SATA RAID 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0~SATA3_1) and 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5) support for SATA RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10 by Z68
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7) support for SATA RAID 0 and RAID 1 by Marvell 88SE9128

Eyefinity is for radeon hd's so yeah

and that is a nearly perfectly rated ssd, there is nothing wrong with it, and it is the correct socket for the build, i guess he just doesn't use this high quality parts or something cause looks like he was wrong on everything.
he said i should get a cosair SSD or something, he also said i cant buy OEM things unless i own a company, and whgat the hell is a raid araay and shit? he told me to buy like a bunch of SSDs and video cards or something and get a raid card and a raid array or something like that, and he said eyefinity is the only way to game with 3 monitors or something

lovely?

well it is and it isnt. eyefinity is the most advanced multi-monitor setup but nvidia also has multi-monitor capabilities.

how much money do you have to work with? i really dont have time to look through all the pages haha sorry. but instead of buying a bunch of corsair ssd's, it would be better just to get an ocz revodrive. they are ssd's that range in speeds from 514MBps to 1GBps.

(by the way these are completely unnecessary speeds, almost silly to be honest. but thats what we always say when something massively better comes out and we look at our own hardware and say "aww damn")

heres a link to the selection of ocz revodrives: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050001550%2040000636%20600038515&IsNodeId=1&name=PCI%20Express

Last edited:
well it is and it isnt. eyefinity is the most advanced multi-monitor setup but nvidia also has multi-monitor capabilities.

how much money do you have to work with? i really dont have time to look through all the pages haha sorry. but instead of buying a bunch of corsair ssd's, it would be better just to get an ocz revodrive. they are ssd's that range in speeds from 514MBps to 1GBps.

(by the way these are completely unnecessary speeds, almost silly to be honest. but thats what we always say when something massively better comes out and we look at our own hardware and say "aww damn")

heres a link to the selection of ocz revodrives: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050001550%2040000636%20600038515&IsNodeId=1&name=PCI%20Express

i dont really have a limit on how much i can spend lol

jonnyp11

you can buy all the oem you want if you go to the right places, oem generally is used by companies, but if you are building a computer you have to buy an oem os disk, well there are other ways but they cost more for a small benefit, but that doesn't matter, i really don't think your friend is as smart as he thinks he is, i think he is one of those people that had a good experience with one company and thinks it's the only way as far as gpu's, and ssd's too, and for the other stuff he is just missinformed, plug in both of your hdd's and while booting hit the instructed button to access the bios and i believe that is where the option to put them in raid will be, there is also a program in windows i believe that will do this for you, for now why don't you just ask him to assemble it and you will let us figure out the other stuff and if it works he can suck it, if it doesn't then, well it will work so that doesn't matter.

you can buy all the oem you want if you go to the right places, oem generally is used by companies, but if you are building a computer you have to buy an oem os disk, well there are other ways but they cost more for a small benefit, but that doesn't matter, i really don't think your friend is as smart as he thinks he is, i think he is one of those people that had a good experience with one company and thinks it's the only way as far as gpu's, and ssd's too, and for the other stuff he is just missinformed, plug in both of your hdd's and while booting hit the instructed button to access the bios and i believe that is where the option to put them in raid will be, there is also a program in windows i believe that will do this for you, for now why don't you just ask him to assemble it and you will let us figure out the other stuff and if it works he can suck it, if it doesn't then, well it will work so that doesn't matter.
lol ok, so should i get a better SSD though?

jonnyp11

the first is deactivated, and it is a workstation card, they are optimized for other programs and it's funny cuz i saw a thing once saying one of those style had the power of like a 8800 gt or 2, but hower it costed for the normal card was half or a third or fourth of the price of the other, not worth it, and the secong is nice but not worth it, by the time you'd need something that powerfull you'll probably need a new mobo cpu ram and everything else.