How clean is your interior?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I imagine it would increase them slightly... I may try that, take it out and see if it makes a difference... Hmm, that's got me thinking tidyboy, If I cut a hole for a 200mm fan on my side, think it'd make a difference, also a 120mm on the top, although, I wouldn't know if that'd be intake or exhuast as I have the 80mm on the front right next to where it would go.

I'm getting a new PSU with a 120mm fan on the bottom soon, so hopefully that'd help suck air out :)

Bradan

cimg2207ce4.jpg

cimg2208qx7.jpg

big enough split loom? i think its doing more bad than good.

taylormsj

Yeah, I imagine it would increase them slightly... I may try that, take it out and see if it makes a difference... Hmm, that's got me thinking tidyboy, If I cut a hole for a 200mm fan on my side, think it'd make a difference, also a 120mm on the top, although, I wouldn't know if that'd be intake or exhuast as I have the 80mm on the front right next to where it would go.

I'm getting a new PSU with a 120mm fan on the bottom soon, so hopefully that'd help suck air out :)

Ive got a 25cm fan on the go if you need it, but i have found that big side fans mess up air flow, when i took mine off my mobo temps nd cpu temp both decreased! I think smaller 80 or 1200mm fans blowing onto the graphics card work well, but when they are big fans i think they do more worse than good

Bradan

Ive got a 25cm fan on the go if you need it, but i have found that big side fans mess up air flow, when i took mine off my mobo temps nd cpu temp both decreased! I think smaller 80 or 1200mm fans blowing onto the graphics card work well, but when they are big fans i think they do more worse than good

linear airflow is so important. your right. antec 900 is a good example.

have you tried the 250mm blowing in, and ur front and rear fans as exaust?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hmm, I can see what you mean, I don't know... Do you think my side window needs another fan on it somewhere?

taylormsj

I think your side fans are fine, they blowing onto your video card wich is what youd want from a side fan? If it blows onto the cpu, then the hot air wont be able to be exhausted form the case as easy, because the side fan is blowing the air aswell if that makes sense

Kornowski

VIP Member
They're both intake, so the bottom one is blowing onto the side fan, the top blowing onto the CPU, I've thought about having the top one as an exhuast, but I don't think it'd be too good?

Bradan

They're both intake, so the bottom one is blowing onto the side fan, the top blowing onto the CPU, I've thought about having the top one as an exhuast, but I don't think it'd be too good?

theyre blowing on the vid card thats fine, theyre mostly for looks tho right?

linear flow is important for cooling/noise ratio pretty much. more fans create turbulance, and turbulance = dead air.

vga level fans are usually fine, but turning ur chassis into a tornado wont do good as some people think.

its probably best as you need as much intake as you can get by the looks of the vents on the front of your case.

Last edited:

tidyboy21

Having a huge fan on the side made a great difference for me, so yes, I would say a 200mm fan would make a difference. As for the top 120mm, I would say exhaust. I did have a bracket on top of my case for an exhaust fan but my PSU is way too big to fit it up there. As the psu is the same make as the case you would have thought it would fit, way to go thermaltake, lol.
I only just got the HR-03/R600 and have just this minute added another fan at the bottom of the case blowing across the HR-03 and out of the back of the case, the 2900 is now at 56c load, it was at 95c when playing crysis before the HR-03!!!

taylormsj

It depends on where the fan is positioned i guess, if its blowing onto the end of the cpu heatsink (if you have one that blows air out the back of the case) then id say its bad

Bradan

It depends on where the fan is positioned i guess, if its blowing onto the end of the cpu heatsink (if you have one that blows air out the back of the case) then id say its bad

were talking in terms of a degree C* or so, its for looks so ur all good.

Kornowski

VIP Member
theyre blowing on the vid card thats fine, theyre mostly for looks tho right?

linear flow is important for cooling/noise ratio pretty much. more fans create turbulance, and turbulance = dead air.

vga level fans are usually fine, but turning ur chassis into a tornado wont do good as some people think.

its probably best as you need as much intake as you can get by the looks of the vents on the front of your case.

Yeah, they're blowing on the video card and northbridge.

Well, they look good, but I'd want them to perform better, you know :p

As for the top 120mm, I would say exhaust. I did have a bracket on top of my case for an exhaust fan but my PSU is way too big to fit it up there. As the psu is the same make as the case you would have thought it would fit, way to go thermaltake, lol.

I'd of thought that, but wouldn't it suck in air from the front 80mm fan?

Vents on the front?

Wht do you think it'd be bad if it was blowing on the HSF, I'd of thought it'd cool it down more...

Aziek

Lol when i seen this thread it made me take new pics and clean my mess up :D check sig for more pics.
r016wj.jpg

elhacko

when i gotmy first computer i just dumped all the wiers etc in my copmputer and didnt care,but when i tryed to fix annything in there i could come trough.so i just tied the wiers up and BAM problem solved.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well the air from the side fan might stop the air from the heatsink bieng exhausted out of the case properly

What do you mean, so the fan blowing on the NB is bad, change it to an exhuast, but wouldn't the bottom fan suck the hot air in, or not because it'll rise?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
What do you mean, so the fan blowing on the NB is bad, change it to an exhuast, but wouldn't the bottom fan suck the hot air in, or not because it'll rise?

In my old case, I tried playing with fans in different positions. At one point, I had one Front Intake, one Lower Rear Intake, and one Upper Rear Exhaust. The way my case was laid out and my HDDs were installed, I did not have any 'turbulence' or Intake--><--Intake issues, but of course, depending on your layout, YMMV. I had it running that way for a bit, but my OCD took over (I had molex connectors for the fans and wires were everywhere) and I rearranged everything inside (even though the case was windowless...such is OCD...).

When the heat was on, I saw maybe a 1-2*C rise due to the lower Rear Intake being close to the fan vent, but other than that, nothing. Play around with Speedfan running - see what works.