How clean is your interior?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Just looked at the pics. Very nice. I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say about the front fan, though

Thanks man :)

You see the front duct, the blue one, with the green 80mm fan on the front of the case?

Well, It's like this at the moment:

Would it be better like this? :

________
CPU Fan ________ Front of case

Kornowski

VIP Member
No, No, No, I have a fan alread, on the front of the duct, at the front of the case, like in the pics :p

Would it be better the other end of the duct, in the case? Get me?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Thanks man :)

You see the front duct, the blue one, with the green 80mm fan on the front of the case?

Well, It's like this at the moment:

Would it be better like this? :

________
CPU Fan ________ Front of case

What Pic is this fan in? Generally, closer to the front of the case is better, as there is greater opportunity to bring in cool fresh air and less chance to bring in recirculated warm air. Computer cases are like car engine; CAI = good.

What I think you're saying is this: Right now you have CPU>Duct>Fan>Front of case, correct? And you want to try CPU>Fan>Duct>Front of case...yes? Either/or would work in that scenario, really. If you have the means and/or space, you can have CPU>Fan>Duct>Fan>Front of case for a ram air effect. Good only for about 1-2*C, but if every little bit helps, then worth it. No biggie though - don't stress out over it.
Can you open up your side panel and grab a pic?

Kornowski

VIP Member
imsati, Yeah, that's right :)
I have room for another fan on the end, so I could do it...

Here's some pics ;)

You can see some of the blue duct :)
2003360933599639001_rs.jpg

2003351151400587272_rs.jpg

2003361639746877636_rs.jpg

Yep would work nicley, but noisy tho

Yeah, I can live with the noise, screw the silent PC thing :p
I thought that "stacking" fans was bad?

taylormsj

Stacking fans like literraly on top of each other is bad, but given that there is a big duct in the way means that the second fan wil blow the cool air from the first fan furthe ron into the case, which is good !

Kornowski

VIP Member
Alright, thanks Taylor, I guess I'll give it a go, just need to order the PSU and 8800GT, I'll order the new fan with them :p Blue or green? :D

epidemik

Stacking fans like literraly on top of each other is bad, but given that there is a big duct in the way means that the second fan wil blow the cool air from the first fan furthe ron into the case, which is good !

What? Please explain.

Are you talking about his mod in the front or the fans on the side of the case?

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
imsati, Yeah, that's right :)
I have room for another fan on the end, so I could do it...

Here's some pics ;)

You can see some of the blue duct :)
2003360933599639001_rs.jpg

2003351151400587272_rs.jpg

2003361639746877636_rs.jpg

Yeah, I can live with the noise, screw the silent PC thing :p
I thought that "stacking" fans was bad?

Given your CPU heatsink fan, I'd say just leave as-is, as you already have a semi ram air (you have the Front Intake and then the CPU fan vertical to the heatsink as opposed to on top of it). I'm not sure how much increase in air flow you'd see because of that. Also, your Intake isn't quite lined up with your heatsink, so no worries. I don't think you'd see any noticeable Temp drop.

Stacking fans directly on top is not advised. However, if separated by a duct (even only 1-2"), you have both fans working in unison with each other. Think of it like NASCAR drafting. One pushes while the other one aids it by sucking, and the second one sucks while the other aids it by pulling. Depending on the case and layout though, it can be a bit noisy. I only saw a very slight decrease in temps and didn't feel they warranted the extra noise, so oh well.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
GREEEEEEEN, order me some too

along with an 8800 gt (just get me the cheapest one i dont mind)

lol, Yeah sure, eVGA Ok? :p

imsati, I guess I could allways give it a go, they aren't too expensive, and if I'm ordereing stuff, I don't loose much :)