i7 Temps worry

funkysnair

VIP Member
sorry i dont know anything about air coolers, i have a full liquid cooling system in my pc which cost around £500.....

all of my recent pc's in the past 4 - 5yrs have been liquid cooled

my i7 is overclocked to 3.6ghz (3.8ghz with turbo boost) i get idle temps of 35 - 40c and full load is 55c, thats with my cp,gpu and motherboard temps all in the same loop

once you go water cooling you never look back

mihir

VIP Member
sorry i dont know anything about air coolers, i have a full liquid cooling system in my pc which cost around £500.....

all of my recent pc's in the past 4 - 5yrs have been liquid cooled

my i7 is overclocked to 3.6ghz (3.8ghz with turbo boost) i get idle temps of 35 - 40c and full load is 55c, thats with my cp,gpu and motherboard temps all in the same loop

once you go water cooling you never look back
true but i dont have a budget for liquid cooling and I also pretty scared about its maintenence

susik89

High end coolers would be: Venomous-x, Megahalems, IFX-14, TRUE, NH-D14. Any of these will give you pretty much similar temps but way lower than the ones you are getting with stock. Also have you tried reseating your heatsink ??

mihir

VIP Member
High end coolers would be: Venomous-x, Megahalems, IFX-14, TRUE, NH-D14. Any of these will give you pretty much similar temps but way lower than the ones you are getting with stock. Also have you tried reseating your heatsink ??

Yepp i tried that
but according to reviews I read
corsair h50 beats true 120 is it true

87dtna

corsair h50 beats true 120 is it true

Only 2 ways that happens. Higher than normal ambient temps, and if you put a reservoir on the H50 for extra coolant. The H50 doesn't have enough fluid in it's system, it's simply too small to be a performance cooler for an I7. Pretty much any other CPU besides an I7 it's enough for, but the I7's crank out the heat.

87dtna

You probably won't be able to OC past ~3.6ghz with that cooler keeping decent temps, pretty small.

mihir

VIP Member
would it be better than the v10 or h50 or the noctua they all seem pretty huge to me what bout an cm aqua gate

Last edited:

87dtna

The V10 is just too bulky, the H50 needs to be modified to work well for an I7 (add a reservoir and/or a bigger radiator), not sure on the noctua never owned that one. Very strange design though, huge and bulky again. The venemous X is just a revised ultra 120, and I've owned 3 120's. They work awesome, and do not take up near the space as a V10 or noctua.

mihir

VIP Member
The V10 is just too bulky, the H50 needs to be modified to work well for an I7 (add a reservoir and/or a bigger radiator), not sure on the noctua never owned that one. Very strange design though, huge and bulky again. The venemous X is just a revised ultra 120, and I've owned 3 120's. They work awesome, and do not take up near the space as a V10 or noctua.

Ok then i will go with the thermalright they are pretty cheap compared to the lot so i will go with the venomous x i am getting it for $86(Rs 3920)in India
and what modifications would be needed for an h50 cause i am getting it for free from my frnd so I am inclined towards it.

mihir

VIP Member
And how much would i be able to overclock my CPU after the thermal right can i overclock it 3.4GHz

susik89

You know that venomous-x, true, megahalems do not come with fans right ? You will have to buy 1 or 2 fans separatly. Im going to pick up a venomous-x right now so i'll share my results with you and that might help you out with your choice :)

mihir

VIP Member
You know that venomous-x, true, megahalems do not come with fans right ? You will have to buy 1 or 2 fans separatly. Im going to pick up a venomous-x right now so i'll share my results with you and that might help you out with your choice :)

thank you for all the help you guys have provided me with and also can you give links to what type of fans would i have to pick,had no idea about this
and pls do PM me or post on this threads the results

and also what clocks can you achieve using the thermalright assuming a crappy cable management

and what is the drawback of bulky cpu coolers since i have a haf932 i have a lot space in my casing

87dtna

With a TRUE I was able to get 4.4ghz stable on my I7 860, but it was pretty toasty (90+ celsius using real temp).
You have considerably higher ambient temps though, so I'm gonna say you at mininum be able to hit 4ghz with the Ven-X if not 4.2ghz. The H50 will be pretty much the same performance if you leave it as is. But the real problem you will have is mounting the radiator. The lines are really short, so you don't have many options unless you buy longer lines...and if you do that you might as well add a reservoir. HOWEVER, I have heard that although adding a reservoir helps with cooling, the pump wear's out faster because of the extra load.

As for fans, just go with the cooler master R4. They flow a lot of air and are nearly silent.

mihir

VIP Member
My last query
I have an asus p6t deluxe mobo and 3 ram sticks with A-A-A slot occupation
i am wondering whether the 2 fan conifg of the thermal right will get in the way of may RAMs and also the same question about noctua nh d14 I checked out guru3d's review and it beats thermalright by a slight margin so i will be considering both of them and will deciding factor will be availability thanks for all the help

87dtna

You only need one fan on the Ven-X, there's no need to run 2 fans.

GX2inPC.jpg

The fan here is being used as a pusher, but if you have clearance issues with ram just stick it on the other side as a puller fan.

Last edited:

susik89

Here are pics of my venomous-x in a push/pull (stock xigmatek dark knight's as push and panaflo high speed as pull). I would suggest getting 120x120x38 fans for best performance, and with your ambients is what you want to go for. You should look into panaflos, deltas, san aces or kazes. I see you are running pretty much the same motherboard as me, so you will have no problems with fitting ven-x + 38mm fan.