ie problem

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, calm down. No need to start using bad language. All we can do is suggest to you what to do. Its up to you to either follow our advice or not to.

You have some very flaky software installed on your system, it doesn't matter when you installed it or when the issues started happening.

I've suggested a way for you to try removing those 2 entries by using revo uninstaller.

Another suggestion would be to do the following.

Right click on command prompt and click on run as admin.

enter sfc /scannow and hit enter. This will check for altered and missing system files. You may need the windows 7 install cd in the drive to complete the process.

Jamebonds1

Avast worked great in my pc too.

But would u trust it if u suddenly got a problem like mine? Would u keep it if failed? I dont think so.
So it is impossible to recommend Avast. I ll use another antivirus.

It has do something with Wildlist misses two time in one years. If you don't mind my ask. What antivirus you're plan to use?

dasos

The one which will solve the problem

As u see this is forum's page. In the word "today" up right corner, there is an ad if I point the mouse on it. Other random words like this exist in every refresh...

Moreover, mozilla asks me about this

Now,
I read carefully again all posts written in this thread, not really something helpful found. I unistalled temporarily all 3d party software as u asked. Not any improvement, but I knew that.
(u like avast -u call norton crap, u like pc wizard - u call tuneup utilities crap... Are u some commercial agents?)
About pc wizard, I tried it as someone asked it, I dont see how can this program help me. Where is the add-remove list?

Jamebonds1

The one which will solve the problem

As u see this is forum's page. In the word "today" up right corner, there is an ad if I point the mouse on it. Other random words like this exist in every refresh...

Moreover, mozilla asks me about this

Now,
I read carefully again all posts written in this thread, not really something helpful found. I unistalled temporarily all 3d party software as u asked. Not any improvement, but I knew that.
(u like avast -u call norton crap, u like pc wizard - u call tuneup utilities crap... Are u some commercial agents?)
About pc wizard, I tried it as someone asked it, I dont see how can this program help me. Where is the add-remove list?

That is FireFox and IE 8 doing this if there are junk file in APPDATA. It is not virus but it has do something with junk program. There are reason why I switched from Firefox to Google Chrome.

1. Use Run As by press Logo Windows + R then search by "%APPDATA%" with no quota.

2. You will see folder opened itself by Roaming APPDATA. Like this C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming

3. If possible, back up all of those to USB Flash or in folder by desktop in case if need for other program.

4. Then delete all of file and folder in Roaming APPDATA.

5. After you done with delete in Roaming folder. Go to C:\Users\<your name>\AppData. back up "Local" too.

6. delete all file and folder inside of folder "Local" (don't delete Local folder)

Don't worry about folder Locallow unless you really need to.

Let me know if it help.

You need an ad blocker installed. IE is terrible with ads being shown.

It is possible that there are junk file in APPDATA. So we will see if delete in appdata will help to stop ad pop up. That is where my friend discovered when one female student have laptop and having too many ads pop up on browers.

Okedokey

For sheesh sake Daos. I have told you how to fix it already. You need to do each and every step in order. If you don't do what we ask, you clearly don't understand it, may be its time to do as I ask.

The method I provides, re-establishes the link between the program and the Windows OS installations. Thereby giving you the option to conventionally uninstall in Add and Remove Programs.

It will be fixed if you follow my post.

Punk

Staff member
About that discussion on how good Avast is:

No antivirus will keep you away from all the junk that is on the internet. It will keep you away from the little malwares but viruses always get their way to your computer. It's entirely up to you to keep yourself from going on suspicious pages or not clicking on adds to keep your computer away from Malwares. Avast is one of the best antivirus out there and probably the best free antivirus. If you want to get rid of it, fine, it's up to you :).

No, they're just people with a very good experience of those programs and computers in general. But I disagree, Norton is good if you're willing to pay for your antivirus.

Last edited:

dasos

That is FireFox and IE 8 doing this if there are junk file in APPDATA. It is not virus but it has do something with junk program. There are reason why I switched from Firefox to Google Chrome.

1. Use Run As by press Logo Windows + R then search by "%APPDATA%" with no quota.

2. You will see folder opened itself by Roaming APPDATA. Like this C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming

3. If possible, back up all of those to USB Flash or in folder by desktop in case if need for other program.

4. Then delete all of file and folder in Roaming APPDATA.

Looks like this works!
I transfered all roamings (there was only a msg about Microsoft folder), then deleted. Then I opened some webpages and no ad words anymore.
(I didnt go on with the 'local')

Do I now have to return back the folders?
The folders "Adobe", "Macromedia", "Mozilla" was re-created. Do I have to replace with the olds? I guess not.

It is possible that there are junk file in APPDATA. So we will see if delete in appdata will help to stop ad pop up. That is where my friend discovered when one female student have laptop and having too many ads pop up on browers.

You know, they was not exactly "pop up". Just coloured accented words with ad if u click on them.

Now the only problem remains is the ie 8's delay. Is there way to unistall and reinstal? Or I could go for ie 9?

For sheesh sake Daos. I have told you how to fix it already. You need to do each and every step in order. If you don't do what we ask, you clearly don't understand it, may be its time to do as I ask.

The method I provides, re-establishes the link between the program and the Windows OS installations. Thereby giving you the option to conventionally uninstall in Add and Remove Programs.

It will be fixed if you follow my post.

I did all u said. Basically how to unistall all those 3d party software, run sfc /scannow and instal some useless program 'pc wizard'. Not any improvement.

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
I don't know if this was asked before but did you use CCLeaner? How is Firefox and Chrome working?
If it doesn't solve anything, update your browser (don't know what's the latest version of IE). I strongly recommend to go with either Firefox or Chrome anyway. IE is junk.

Jamebonds1

Looks like this works!
I transfered all roamings (there was only a msg about Microsoft folder), then deleted. Then I opened some webpages and no ad words anymore.
(I didnt go on with the 'local')

Do I now have to return back the folders?
The folders "Adobe", "Macromedia", "Mozilla" was re-created. Do I have to replace with the olds? I guess not.

You know, they was not exactly "pop up". Just coloured accented words with ad if u click on them.

Now the only problem remains is the ie 8's delay. Is there way to unistall and reinstal? Or I could go for ie 9?

It is not pop up windows either but it is little like pop up from colored line ads. I remember I had ie8 and it is unstable. It can't be uninstalling since it is locked to OS. Firefox and Chrome is the reason I used those. There are current ie 10 and it can be done by Windows Update. About folder thing. You don't have to return old folder back to Roaming. Unless you really need as if you lost your CD key for your program. Plus that leave there is nothing more to delete next. Local can be left for now. Sometime Local in APPDATA is used for game save.

Last edited:

dasos

The ie problem was resolved. I found it by luck.

For some reason I wanted to unistall Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX. The unistall wizard said "before unistall, close all ie windows. I did it. Then wizard said again to close all ie windows. I was like :confused:
Then I opened task manager-Processes, I found some iexplorer.exe and stopped it. After that wizard finished unistall. Then I opened some ie sites and no problem any more(Adobe was installed back, that was not the cause).
Do u have any explanation?

Meanwhile I use Ad-Aware Total Security(firewall, antispam, antivirus). Looks like prety weird, for adaware taskmgr.exe is trojan, even the dvd exes are trojans.

Punk

Staff member
Then change your antivirus. I wouldn't recommend this one... It's either Avast (the best free A-V by experience) or AVG...

Also I would recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a junk remover :).

As far as your problem goes, I find it odd that another page was open. One answer could be malware but John hasn't find anything so I don't think this is it...

Jamebonds1

The ie problem was resolved. I found it by luck.

For some reason I wanted to unistall Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX. The unistall wizard said "before unistall, close all ie windows. I did it. Then wizard said again to close all ie windows. I was like :confused:
Then I opened task manager-Processes, I found some iexplorer.exe and stopped it. After that wizard finished unistall. Then I opened some ie sites and no problem any more(Adobe was installed back, that was not the cause).
Do u have any explanation?

Meanwhile I use Ad-Aware Total Security(firewall, antispam, antivirus). Looks like prety weird, for adaware taskmgr.exe is trojan, even the dvd exes are trojans.

Yes. It is virus.

http://www.auditmypc.com/taskmgr.asp
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110827033009AAJmPmv

http://comprolive.com/remove/harmful/files/dvd-exe

But the antivirus you pick up is not very good scan. Recommend you to pick up different antivirus. This time, please let us know what choose you are going to choose.
https://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=81

Last edited:

dasos

taskmgr cannot be virus... its windows system tray. Exists in all PCs.

Then change your antivirus. I wouldn't recommend this one... It's either Avast (the best free A-V by experience) or AVG...

Also I would recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a junk remover :)

As u saw, Avast and Malwarebytes was unable to prevent that ads worm I had in browsers. But u still recommend them?

Jamebonds1

taskmgr cannot be virus... its windows system tray. Exists in all PCs.

As u saw, Avast and Malwarebytes was unable to prevent that ads worm I had in browsers. But u still recommend them?

No. All antivirus can't prevent ads. Again ads are almost never worm or virus, unless you click something or enter virus site. Also did you take look at VB100 test link I given? They are not doing good job with test. http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?order=result&id=81&tab=ondemand

If you think taskmgr is not virus, that mean it is false positive. Time to finding another antivirus. You can either download a free AVG. Like Avast, AVG only protect virus by mail, computer, web, etc. Or another antivirus list on link I show here. Most of those are 30 day free trial. http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/test?id=184 This time, please show us your choose of antivirus again before you accident installing antivirus like Ad Aware.

dasos

This time, please show us your choose of antivirus again before you accident installing antivirus like Ad Aware.

Adaware was unistalled, it was pretty annoying. Could interrupt your game in order to tell u that theres a "virus" in dvd's exe.

Its the 3rd time u ask me to inform u about which antivirus I ll get:)
Why so much interest?

OK. I need you to redownload combofix and post a new logfile that it shows you. Download it from here and run it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Why? What do u want to see this time? More "crap" software? :D

Jamebonds1

Adaware was unistalled, it was pretty annoying. Could interrupt your game in order to tell u that theres a "virus" in dvd's exe.

Its the 3rd time u ask me to inform u about which antivirus I ll get:)
Why so much interest?

Why? What do u want to see this time? More "crap" software? :D

To make sure you don't getting bad antivirus again. Like you show us antivirus, we will give feedback. If you want, I can pick it up for you but most antivirus are one month trial version.

By the way, do you know what you're say to umm...someone else?

Okedokey

Wow. Come on a forum with a resident expert, ignore all the advice then go ahead and put one of the worst resource hogs of a antivirus on your machine on the advice of a commercial magazine.

Ok....