ie problem

Okedokey

You have some garbage on your computer, until john is back, here in red is the stuff that I would remove or investigate further.

@BIOS
Πακέτο συμβατότητας για το 2007 Microsoft Office system
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin
Adobe Reader X (10.1.4) - Greek
Akamai NetSession Interface
ArcSoft TotalMedia 3.5
Creative Audio Control Panel
Creative Diagnostics
Creative Software AutoUpdate
Creative Sound Blaster Properties x64 Edition
Diagnostic Utility
Driver Genius
eRegEtron USB3.0 Host Controller
Extreme Picture Finder 2.3.5
Fraps (remove only)
Free Picture Finder 3.5
Google Chrome
Google Update Helper
Host OpenALJava 7 Update 11
Java Auto Updater
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Medal of Honor Allied Assault(tm) Breakthrough
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148
Mozilla Firefox 19.0.2 (x86 en-US)
Mozilla Maintenance Service
MPC-HC 1.6.4.6052
Need For Speed Underground
Norton Utilities 15
NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager
NVIDIA PhysX
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver
PlatformPowerISO
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
SpeedFan (remove only)
Super Hide IP
Torrent Search version 0.11.2
TotalMedia SetupTuneUp Utilities 2013
TuneUp Utilities Language Pack (en-US)VIA Διαχειριστής Συσκευών Πλατφόρμας
VLC media player 2.0.4
Windows Movie Maker 2.6
Yahoo! Messenger

dasos

lol, they are not garbage, they are usefull programs I use for years and necessary drivers of my hardware.

Norton is garbage to u?!

The programs I do not recognize is "eReg" and "platform".
Do u know how to unistall them?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize you have no antivirus software installed?

And I highly recommend uninstalling the following programs.

Driver Genius - Garbage
Java 7 Update 11 - outdated
Norton Utilities 15 - Garbage
Super Hide IP - shouldn't be using
Torrent Search version 0.11.2 - shouldn't be using
TuneUp Utilities 2013 - garbage
TuneUp Utilities Language Pack (en-US

You should also download and install either microsoft security essentials or avast antivirus software.

Jamebonds1

Yeah. Nortan is not very good in my experience. Also it seem you have a lot of un-need start up program and other program. Don't uninstalling etron 3.0 USB because it is need in order to use those even if you have USB 2.0 jump driver and device, or not.

dasos

You do realize you have no antivirus software installed?

And I highly recommend uninstalling the following programs.

Driver Genius - Garbage
Java 7 Update 11 - outdated
Norton Utilities 15 - Garbage
Super Hide IP - shouldn't be using
Torrent Search version 0.11.2 - shouldn't be using
TuneUp Utilities 2013 - garbage
TuneUp Utilities Language Pack (en-US

You should also download and install either microsoft security essentials or avast antivirus software.

Listen...
looks like there is no antivirus but this happens only these days, in which I have this problem. I install/unistall many programs to test.
So far I used... Avast. I wont use it again, since it was unable to stop the problem.

Norton Utilities 15 was installed yesterday. Tuneup utilities, super hide IP, Driver Genius, Java, Torrent Search are usefull programs I use for years and never had problem. Dont focus to them.

Now, lets get to the point. I said that I dont recognize "eReg" and "platform". Maybe these cause the problem? (coloured advs words and ie delay). How can I usnistall them?

Yeah. Nortan is not very good in my experience. Also it seem you have a lot of un-need start up program and other program.

There is nothing in startups. Just the win 7's weather bar and microsoft's IntelliType for keyborad volume button.

_____

Last edited:

GaryCantley

Listen...
looks like there is no antivirus but this happens only these days, in which I have this problem. I install/unistall many programs to test.
So far I used... Avast. I wont use it again, since it was unable to stop the problem.

Norton Utilities 15 was installed yesterday. Tuneup utilities, super hide IP, Driver Genius, Java, Torrent Search are usefull programs I use for years and never had problem. Dont focus to them.

Now, lets get to the point. I said that I dont recognize "eReg" and "platform". Maybe these cause the problem? (coloured advs words and ie delay). How can I usnistall them?

There is nothing in startups. Just the win 7's weather bar and microsoft's IntelliType for keyborad volume button.

_____

Think someone needs to calm down a bit.

You come looking for advice, FREE advice which is freely given, and when you are given that advice you dont like it.

May I suggest you take note of JohnB and all that he is telling you. If he says programs need to go, then programs need to go. Doesnt matter how long they have been on your machine.

Also, you have no anti-virus on your computer. I suggest that you get some swiftish. There is no need to pay for it, Microsoft Security Essentials and Avast are both, like the advice, free.

dasos

If that what you plan to. Be sure to installing Avast! Free edition after reinstall. There are a lot of hacker out there.

I just said that Avast is what I used the last 2 years, but was unable to stop the problem. So Avast it's not recommended any more.

Think someone needs to calm down a bit.

You come looking for advice, FREE advice which is freely given, and when you are given that advice you dont like it.

May I suggest you take note of JohnB and all that he is telling you. If he says programs need to go, then programs need to go. Doesnt matter how long they have been on your machine.

Also, you have no anti-virus on your computer. I suggest that you get some swiftish. There is no need to pay for it, Microsoft Security Essentials and Avast are both, like the advice, free.

What are u talking about:confused:

I came asking help to a specific problem. I receveid advices for other things. Posts here are free yes, that happens also in many-many forums in the web.
I didnt say I dont like advice. All advices are welcome.

Can we now focus to my problem? We can discuss about useless/un-needed programs in other thread.

I explained about 'non exist antivirus'. Plz read the posts and stop the offtopics.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I do highly recommend doing a fresh install of windows and watch what crap software you install. A lot of crap software will bring your pc to a stand still. Like said before, our advice is free, you can follow it or not, its up to you.

If those programs don't show up in add/remove programs then you may want to try revo uninstaller to see if it can uninstall them. Do a forced uninstall using the program file if it has one.

Frankly, if everything is working fine except for IE, then download a different browser such as pale moon and use it. IE is getting to be a nuisance anyway.

Jamebonds1

Exactly, this is where we accept ourselves if advice was not taken.

@OP - If your computer already have virus or issue, and later installing antivirus. It wouldn't work well, it is that way.

Here I might be able to help you to find it you specifics. This is highly risk to open or edit on follow program I would tell you how. If you don't know very well about computer please don't do this.

Open running as or search by start buttion or Flag logo+R.

Type in search "regedit"

Then use find by Ctrl + F for "finding"

Then search any program you trying to uninstall.

Before you deleting any registry, please prove a information such as Name, Type, Data and subfolder where you find this registry.

If you decide to reinstall Windows OS, then installing antivirus first before you can installing driver, program and game. Since you don't like Avast. Use
microsoft security essentials. If you don't like MSE, here is link that will help you find better antivirus than Nortan. Symantec are Nortan, but not in VB. http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/index

Here is why we say to remove Nortan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_AntiVirus#Criticism

Okedokey

To the OP, the issue is that IE is embedded in the OS, and with all the crap you have on that machine, no Antivirus etc, you cannot troubleshoot your issue.

salvage-this

You can try resetting IE back to default settings. That won't solve the rest of the problems but you might get IE back.

dasos

I do highly recommend doing a fresh install of windows and watch what crap software you install. A lot of crap software will bring your pc to a stand still. Like said before, our advice is free, you can follow it or not, its up to you.

Point is to avoid a new win install.
So u really believe that all these commercial software that use milllions of users is crap?
Thanks for this advive anyway but its not my matter right now.

If those programs don't show up in add/remove programs then you may want to try revo uninstaller to see if it can uninstall them. Do a forced uninstall using the program file if it has one.

Frankly, if everything is working fine except for IE, then download a different browser such as pale moon and use it. IE is getting to be a nuisance anyway.

I used revo for a couple of years, in fact its not any real difference than Win's add/remove.

As u saw, I also have Mozilla and Chrome but I prefer ie.
The advs problem happens in both ie and mozilla.
So u have no any idea how to get rid of that...

@OP - If your computer already have virus or issue, and later installing antivirus. It wouldn't work well, it is that way.

To the OP, the issue is that IE is embedded in the OS, and with all the crap you have on that machine, no Antivirus etc, you cannot troubleshoot your issue.

You can try resetting IE back to default settings. That won't solve the rest of the problems but you might get IE back.

All these have been already explained, and several times... plz read the thread :(

Last edited:

dasos

..... Since you don't like Avast.....

Hey! Do u ever read my posts or u just want make fan of me? :eek:

I said I used Avast for 2 years. Avast was not able to avert the trouble I just got into. So I now unistalled it.

Would u keep an antivirus which didnt protect u? I guess no.

Jamebonds1

I said I used Avast for 2 years. Avast was not able to avert the trouble I just got into. So I now unistalled it.

? Yes I did. You say Avast is not recommend mean you don't trust or don't like anymore.

BTW. Avast work great on my computer.

Okedokey

Firstly that is a logic fail. To paraphrase:

"I have a problem, its been there for 2 years, Avast didn't fix it and the crap on my pc has nothing to do with my operating system failing - I KNOW! ill just have no antivirus then... "

Good one.

Avast has always worked for me too, in fact I use it. But back on topic;

Firstly, download PC Wizard from my sig, install it and go to FILE, SAVE click OK. We may need that text file later. Also use PC Wizard to try and uninstall your rouge software.

If you try that and it doesn't work:

Summary of issues:

1. Two programs do not have an uninstall AND IE is taking ages to load pages but other browsers are fine?
  2. For each program you wish to uninstall:
  3. Double-click the following Uninstall.reg file located via the regedit command:
  4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
  5. Save the Uninstall.reg file to the desktop. Export the whole registry as back up.
  6. Double click on the saved Uninstall.reg
  7. Do this for all software you wish to delete that doesn't have a Uninstall option.
  8. Restart
  9. Navigate to the Windows Uninstall Programs area and there you should find the uninstall function available for the programs you wish to uninstall.

If not, delete all program registries and anything about the program in My Computer. Do a search.

Then go back and :

command prompt (elevated)
sfc /scannow
that will check the registry integrity

• Windows Update
  • Hardware update (e.g. motherboard network adaptor drivers)
  • BIOS update

just update everything and for now just install ME Antivirus.

Scan it. Just do it!

After that it could be many number of things and you haven't given a reference point. The original problem is IE. IE is so intrinsically connected to the OS that it is a problem. Network issues can be hardware, but it sounds like a borked OS to me. But the interplay between IE and hardware on a highly insecure computer is expected.

Also, as the other guys know as well as I do, that a lot of the crap on your pc is dodgy in terms of quality. So chill on the mood swings please and respect the guys here that actually know stuff. You're asking us to assist in troubleshooting a network issue on a computer of unknown hardware, without an antivirus and with programs like this installed

• IP Hider
  • Free Special Chicken Image Getter V1.0
  • Out of date java (security unlocked door)

...and several others

But, it does seem as though you are convinced that the software is fine.

So lets move on, as its not software, and you don't want to reinstall Windows, y you can check the following things:

Power supply stability/internet line voltage - voltage at PCIe hardware / and excess voltage down the internet (DSL?). Ive seen it at 22V when its meant to be at around 5V. That screws stuff up, so call your provider and ask for a line-check.

Then ensure your RAM is set to the correct voltage in the BIOS (Check for your model).

If that all fails, reinstall Windows. But by the time you do all of the above, and this thread, you could've been back up and running on Win 7.

That's about all that can be said mate.

Last edited:

dasos

? Yes I did. You say Avast is not recommend mean you don't trust or don't like anymore.

BTW. Avast work great on my computer.

Avast worked great in my pc too.

But would u trust it if u suddenly got a problem like mine? Would u keep it if failed? I dont think so.
So it is impossible to recommend Avast. I ll use another antivirus.

Firstly that is a logic fail. To paraphrase:

"I have a problem, its been there for 2 years, Avast didn't fix it and the crap on my pc has nothing to do with my operating system failing - I KNOW! ill just have no antivirus then... "

Good one.

What r u talking about? I said the problem came up lately, a few days ago. Suddenly. Not "its been there for 2 years".
Why dont u just read the ducking thread?

(the rest of your msg looks like crazy too, I gave it a quick view, I ll check it more carefully later. But... what has the power supply do with the coloured linked ads words with, which I see even in this site?)

____

Last edited: