Increase Your Bandwidth By 20%

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
i tried it, i dont notice any difference, i am on 6Mb afterall, so it probably doesnt notice all that much...

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
dragon2309 said:
i tried it, i dont notice any difference, i am on 6Mb afterall, so it probably doesnt notice all that much...

Yeah well some of us do have slower connections (Including myself)Im not sure what my Broadband cable connection speed is but it worked for me.

Realy theres no point in doing it anyway if your internets already realy fast.

SubDude199

DUDE THIS REALLY WORKS.
compare this test I did after the mod to the one in my avitar!.. NICEE.. Thanks so much..

untitled-96.jpg

untitled-95.jpg

Last edited:

SubDude199

I would have to say that windows looks at any connection to the internet and treats it the same..Im sure it will work for DSL, but if you sppeeds are less than 5 megs or so you might not notice it (not like I did anyway with a 3 meg jump)... go for it, it cant hurt and it only takes 20 seconds to do..

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it did make a difference according to some speed tests, but nothing extraordinary.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried it.
Didn't notice much of a difference.

I am MCE with 6mb DSL.

Thanks Though.

yeah i think you only realy notice a difference if your still using slower connection,i think i have 2MB connection i dunno:D

but i did notice a differance with browsing speed etc.

your welcome :)

HELP_ME

This has been posted here before, granted a long time ago. It's not a significant boost, if any, but some people may notice a few "points" increase with speed tests.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning, you *can* do this in XP HE. You just need to manually install the GPE. There are actually quite a few *XP Pro only* things that can be done in XP HE with a bit of work.

As seen here - http://www.geocities.com/kilian0072002/GPEditHome.htm

that site is gone :/ do you mind telling me what to do in XP HE? i really need it