intel quad q6600

the reasonable price for intel quad q6600

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

butter

intel quad q6600

1. so what, we r waiting till the price drops till 300, right?
2. what socket is it? what type of motherboard do i need?
3. what is the best memory speed to use it with? 667? %) have no clue
4. what r the main pros and cons of this processor?

thanks guys

chupacabra

intel quad q6600

1. so what, we r waiting till the price drops till 300, right?
2. what socket is it? what type of motherboard do i need?
3. what is the best memory speed to use it with? 667? %) have no clue
4. what r the main pros and cons of this processor?

thanks guys

1- Yes we're still waiting but is just for a few days more, till it drops near 270$
2- socket 775, anything that supports socket 775 and 1066 FSB
3- DDR2 PC6400 aka DDR2 800
4- has 4 cores, is efficient and is probably the cheapest non-business quad core atm

Cons: heat gets hotter than a standar dual core with stock heatsink/fan, isn't priced at 183$ :p

butter

haha thanks!! awesome answer!! fast and comprehensive. impressive. no wonder ur a platinum member lol

heat gets hotter than a standar dual core with stock heatsink/fan, isn't priced at 183$ :p

so does it mean, that an extra/different cooler/fan/heatsink is indispensable? what about water cooling system? would work?

Geoff

VIP Member
The Q6600 is already priced at $299, IMO that is actually cheaper then it's worth, but technology is just advancing so fast.

TheOrangeDude

well it's actually already in stock now.. but the price surprisingly went up to $320.00

isn't that a ripe I mean lol they were suppose to be 270ish each. Now because the demand and supply they raise it all the way to 320 and there is no garrenty on getting the g0 steping for such price. Newegg is such an evil evil company :mad:.

heyman421

banned
Honestly, intel and AMD BOTH announce upcoming technology too far in advance for there EVER to be an "appropriate" price.

By the time the quad core is cheap enough for the general non-techie user, something new is going to be out.

I mean, let's face it, when you can buy a complete computer for $300-500, most people are not going to be interested in a $300 processor. And intel's already announced the new smaller cores coming out this winter, which bump the clocks back up to the p4 range.

I think intel should chill out on announcing upcoming technology so far into the future, and they'll sell more of the current hardware, price aside.

butter

isn't that a ripe I mean lol they were suppose to be 270ish each. Now because the demand and supply they raise it all the way to 320 and there is no garrenty on getting the g0 steping for such price. Newegg is such an evil evil company :mad:.

newegg is pretty cool.. haha, but that's some genuine fury, orange lol

trust me, i'm with you in thoughts at this moment of sorrow. that lovely square piece of rock has been sitting in my wish list for weeks.

Honestly, intel and AMD BOTH announce upcoming technology too far in advance for there EVER to be an "appropriate" price.

By the time the quad core is cheap enough for the general non-techie user, something new is going to be out.

I mean, let's face it, when you can buy a complete computer for $300-500, most people are not going to be interested in a $300 processor. And intel's already announced the new smaller cores coming out this winter, which bump the clocks back up to the p4 range.

I think intel should chill out on announcing upcoming technology so far into the future, and they'll sell more of the current hardware, price aside.

that is very true, heyman

butter

ideal working temperature

hey, lucky q6600 owners, a quick question. what's the ideal working temperature for that CPU?

wafflez

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA23383&RSKU=BA23383 (Out of Stock)

http://clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A1938452

Sheesh, they have raised the price since the last hour. Oh man, I'm gonna get the e6750 instead now.

LOL wow, I ordered it from mwave last night for $273. It already got processed.

DAMN! I ordered it from mwave last night for $273. It already got processed.

EDIT: lol i need to be more attentive...I read Butter's post as TWO hundred and forty five. Well I'm happy then =D

LOL wow, I ordered it from mwave last night for $273. It already got processed.

DAMN! I ordered it from mwave last night for $273. It already got processed.

EDIT: lol i need to be more attentive...I read Butter's post as TWO hundred and forty five. Well I'm happy then =D

If the Core wasn't raping AMD right now, AMD would have another prospective customer. I am an Intel fanboy, "how did you guess?":rolleyes:, and this is friggin' ridiculous. I am so tired of the Back-order, after it came out TODAY!! What is the retailers problem? They sure honored AMD's little drop a while back, didn't they?:mad:

Geoff

VIP Member
lol, I saw that too, supply and demand :)

Give it a week or so and it shouldnt be any more then $300.

hey, lucky q6600 owners, a quick question. what's the ideal working temperature for that CPU?
It's the same as the Core 2 Duo's. There isn't really an "ideal" temperature, but you need to watch out for it getting too hot. IMO I would try to keep it under 55C, but it can still work fine even at 65C.