intel quad q6600

the reasonable price for intel quad q6600

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

butter

[-0MEGA-];717158 said:
lol, I saw that too, supply and demand :)

Give it a week or so and it shouldnt be any more then $300.

It's the same as the Core 2 Duo's. There isn't really an "ideal" temperature, but you need to watch out for it getting too hot. IMO I would try to keep it under 55C, but it can still work fine even at 65C.

ok, thanks. so 55 it is.

now, how can i keep the trace of it thou? special case?

Jet

VIP Member
You've waited so long, why are you complaining about waiting, what, an extra day or two or three?

Well, what was it a few days ago?

~$500.00!

$375>$500

375-266(or less)=$109, how many ppl are buying them? That is a crazy profit for them to pull, as far as I am concerned, they can have it until they pull their head out of(you get the point....) Newegg had better bring their prices down, they are trying to be a monopoly right now, as the other retailers haven't got their stock in yet. The other retailers are selling the E6850 for $285, $271, etc., sorry Newegg, if your prices don't come down when the other retailers get their stock, I won't be buying from you.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
ok, thanks. so 55 it is.

now, how can i keep the trace of it thou? special case?
Of course lower is better.

There are many programs and utilities that you can use to monitor the temps, many of them from within Windows. SpeedFan, Intel TAT, Everest, PC Wizard, just to name a few. The BIOS is also a great place to monitor temps.

This is bull, I'm surprised Newegg is doing this. This morning it was $299 like the thread stated and then I checked just now and it says $350 when you search Q6600, it shows 3 results with the Q6600 going for $350 and then you click it and it comes up to $375. I have lost a little respect for newegg.com now, I'd rather shop at tiger where its $290 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2643933&CatId=2758 .

Tiger has great customer service, I placed an order with rush processing and Overnight shipping, I didn't know that Overnight wasn't available in my area. They emailed me and I emailed back giving him my phone number to talk in person, less than 15 minutes later, I had a phone call. I just wish they had the E6850:(

Geoff

VIP Member
I cant believe what Newegg is doing either. On the 21st it was selling for $299 and was in stock, it was also selling for the same price on the 22nd, but was unavailable later in the afternoon.

A week or so ago it was $399 I believe, so now it's like the price hasnt dropped at all!

venividivici

Price was dropped at Tigerdirect.ca however I used them once and then decided they were too expensive when compared to NCIX and Canada Computers.

I got my G0 Q6600 this morning but haven't installed it yet because I just don't want to have to deal with talking my computer completely apart again in less then a week (took it apartment to install my Thermaltake Big Typhoon which was a HUGE pain in the ass).

I might just get a new case, PSU, and mobo + and just switch out my RAM from old computers.

At any rate I am happy to have my quad core.

J-live

Damn newegg. All the processor prices seem to be rising for some reason. The E6600 went up to $222 from 200 originally. What the hell are they doing. They are raising everything those bastards. Hopefully nobody is purchasing the processors yet.

Damn newegg. All the processor prices seem to be rising for some reason. The E6600 went up to $222 from 200 originally. What the hell are they doing. They are raising everything those bastards. Hopefully nobody is purchasing the processors yet.

They lost a couple 'eggs' with me, I didn't give them a $305 vote, or as that would translate on their site to $345..... Too bad for Newegg, they couldn't be happy with what income they were getting from original prices, that is just greedy and inconsiderate.