intel quad q6600

the reasonable price for intel quad q6600

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am also fed up with newegg i think there suckering us all through until we least expect that. we will get the Q6600 when a newer better processor will come out from intel. so those bastard's to bad you cant actually buy your products from intel.com

butter

HEY, NEWEGG MANAGERS!!

take a look at this thread! you have lost some customers so far and ppl r getting more and more sick and tired of these tricks!! that was a very dumb marketing move with the quad. ain't gonna work with us..

and finally take a look at the poll!! the quad is considered to be in the 250-300 range. NOT MORE THAN THAT!!

That's the public demand. you can beat that!!

i'm buying from the clubit for $305

(oops, another lost customer, right, oldegg?)

thesilverlink

it would be perfect if they would be for free :)

just wait till they will realise octet processors :)

then they will sell this ones almost for free.

I bought my E6850 from ZipZoomFly for $302, no problem there. I have it in my possession now, after 2-day Fedex for $2.99 from California!!

butter

that's what I was about to say. I'd prolly pay the extra for G0 stepping.

what's go stepping?

I bought my E6850 from ZipZoomFly for $302, no problem there. I have it in my possession now, after 2-day Fedex for $2.99 from California!!

what does E6850 have to do with q6600? are they similar? i believe, that quad is like the next generation of CPUs, u know.. like 4 cores.. well more like a couple of dual-cores, but still..

Last edited:
what's go stepping?

what does E6850 have to do with q6600? are they similar? i believe, that quad is like the next generation of CPUs, u know.. like 4 cores.. well more like a couple of dual-cores, but still..

E6850 was released and newegg should've had there price ~$300 like every other store on the internet. The E6850 and Q6600 are both priced at $266 per 1000 box.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
There are two types of steppings, A revision stepping and a production week stepping. The G0 stepping is a revision stepping that's in reference to the changes done to the chip. A Chip usually starts out at A0 or B0, etc, As time goes on the manufacture will make changes to the chip. A small change will result in A1, the changing of the number. a Large change results in B0, a change of the letter.

The reason some are going for a dual-core is because the Quad-core is kinda useless at this point. There are no apps or games out that take advantage of the extra cores. The choice is between a CPU that that performs better right now (e6850) or a CPU that will perform better at some unforeseeable point in the future (q6600)

Jet

VIP Member
http://xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core2extreme-qx6850_13.html#sect0

Nevertheless, this processor is based on the new G0 stepping and I would like to draw your attention to this particular fact. The thing is that this processor stepping will eventually be used in all quad-core Intel processors thus pushing the maximum temperatures up and typical heat dissipation of some selected models down. This way, Core 2 Quad processors with G0 stepping are not only expected to become cooler and more economical, but also should be able to boast better overclocking potential.

kof2000

if you dont want to hunt for g0 stepping for q6600 go for a q6700 because there is only g0 for q6700.

sSpec Number:
CPU Speed:
PCG:
Bus Speed:
Bus/Core Ratio:
L2 Cache Size:
L2 Cache Speed:
SL9UM
2.40 GHz
05B
1066 MHz
8 MB
2.4 GHz
Package Type:
Manufacturing Technology:
Core Stepping:
CPUID String:
Thermal Design Power:
Thermal Specification:
Core Voltage:
LGA775
65 nm
B3
06F7h
105W
62.2°C
1.100V-1.372V

---------------------

sSpec Number:
CPU Speed:
PCG:
Bus Speed:
Bus/Core Ratio:
L2 Cache Size:
L2 Cache Speed:
SLACR
2.40 GHz
05A
1066 MHz
8 MB
2.4 GHz
Package Type:
Manufacturing Technology:
Core Stepping:
CPUID String:
Thermal Design Power:
Thermal Specification:
Core Voltage:
LGA775
65 nm
G0
06FBh
95W
71°C
1.100V-1.372V

Last edited:

Reneki

Or you could just wait, eventually all the b3 steppings will be sold, and only the go shall remain, should happen soon enough.

xxxalpinexxx80

i brought my rig off newegg.com it was actually the same price as tigerdirect since they have it for 300 newegg has it for 340 it cost 30bucks to ship it with td and 10 for newegg so i trust newegg more for rma and i get the quad fan that comes with it : )

evga nforve 680i a1
q6600
2gig ddr2800 ocz sli blackplate heatsinks
pny 8800gts 640mb
700wattocz game stream psu
watercooling -----does this seem like a sweat rig

Reneki

Very nice rig indeed, it's gonna do whatever you want it to. What case are you putting all that in?

xxxalpinexxx80

a bad small mid-tower gaming case. its kinda cheap it is the 1 in my picture. i have the watercooling placed in it thank god lol. but it says it supports the size of this board i believe 12x10 or something close to it it should fit in fine if not im going to cut the on/off button off and have my computer on a crate lol