intel quad q6600

the reasonable price for intel quad q6600

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kof2000

is not ALL g0 just lett you know. they mixed b3 with g0. if you go to eggxpert they have some users that got b3 who order their after monday.

butter

There are two types of steppings, A revision stepping and a production week stepping. The G0 stepping is a revision stepping that's in reference to the changes done to the chip. A Chip usually starts out at A0 or B0, etc, As time goes on the manufacture will make changes to the chip. A small change will result in A1, the changing of the number. a Large change results in B0, a change of the letter.

The reason some are going for a dual-core is because the Quad-core is kinda useless at this point. There are no apps or games out that take advantage of the extra cores. The choice is between a CPU that that performs better right now (e6850) or a CPU that will perform better at some unforeseeable point in the future (q6600)

g0 = lower stock voltage, lower watt consumption, lower temperature = higher overclock.

so if i'm not a big lover of overclocking and/or frequent upgrading, then i should buy q6600 i guess? like let it sit and wait till its time comes.. ;)

i brought my rig off newegg.com it was actually the same price as tigerdirect since they have it for 300 newegg has it for 340 it cost 30bucks to ship it with td and 10 for newegg so i trust newegg more for rma and i get the quad fan that comes with it : )

evga nforve 680i a1
q6600
2gig ddr2800 ocz sli blackplate heatsinks
pny 8800gts 640mb
700wattocz game stream psu
watercooling -----does this seem like a sweat rig

i'm getting pretty much the same rig assembled soon.. 8800gts 320mb tho.. is it A WAY slower? or not really? it's a good franklin cheaper..

or should i just save another hundred, and get a sick 640mb one?

is not ALL g0 just lett you know. they mixed b3 with g0. if you go to eggxpert they have some users that got b3 who order their after monday.

make a long story short, what's better?

kof2000

you can't tell what you're getting if you buy from newegg. is all about luck. but you can tell without opening the box though but either way newegg takes 15 percent restocking fee so thats out of the question.

butter

you can't tell what you're getting if you buy from newegg. is all about luck. but you can tell without opening the box though but either way newegg takes 15 percent restocking fee so thats out of the question.

wait, wait.. i've got 3 questions.

1. how can i tell without opening the box?
2. what is that 15% fee taken for? what is restocking?
3. what's up with that avatar u've got? ;)

kof2000

there is a serial number on the bar code.
they charge that much for refund if there is nothing wrong with the item but you want your money back.

butter

there is a serial number on the bar code.
they charge that much for refund if there is nothing wrong with the item but you want your money back.

haha..ok

what if u ask them to check the bar code for you, b4 they actually shipped it out? even for an extra fee? lol

ur lady face on the left? any reason?

kof2000

if you read one of the reviews a guy just did that he asked one of the sales guys to give him a g0 when i rma'ed it.

butter

For any one not familiar with this little specification -

SL9UM means B3 and
SLACR means G0.

G0 operates at a 1333MHz FSB vs. the 1066 MHz on the B3. All this means is that the SLACR will run cooler (because it consumes less power) than the SL9UM and it should not even be an issue for 80% of the PC users out there.

slacr it is..