Logitech Z-5500, anyone have them?

Beyond

randruff said:
Not really sure exactly what youre asking but ill go ahead and answer anyways. Is the angle limited? yes. When the stands are in wall mount position, they do angle down slightly and you cannot adjust up/down/left/right. The speaker wire does come out the back of the speaker still yes. Another thing i forgot to mention about this set of speakers....the wire it comes with is really long. My previous speakers wire was not close to long enough and that was one real problem i had. I really think Logitech did this right. If you really are interested in seeing how the mounts look, ill take a picture and upload it on here. Let me know if you want me to.

yeah, that'd be nice if you didn't mind. thanks!

randruff

AMD64 said:
are these the speakers your talking about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120

i was thinking of getting those for my new laptop/desktop. do you reccomend them. will i drive my parents crazy with them

Yup, those are them. Not only will you drive your parents insane, your neighbors will want to decapitate you as well. Also, i'll try to get pics up soon of how they mount to the wall. This week has been insanely busy.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
They're very nice speakers ... the only thing that bothers me is that the control pod will heat up ... not dangerously so but it does heat up ... than again ive had mine for 4months+ and its only been off for a grand total of maybe 20 minutes in that time. Im quite impressed overall (other peeve is that the 3.5mm jacks are on the side as opposed to the front and lack of RF remote)

randruff

Praetor said:
They're very nice speakers ... the only thing that bothers me is that the control pod will heat up ... not dangerously so but it does heat up ... than again ive had mine for 4months+ and its only been off for a grand total of maybe 20 minutes in that time. Im quite impressed overall (other peeve is that the 3.5mm jacks are on the side as opposed to the front and lack of RF remote)

I have not had the problem of the control unit heating up, although, i can see the reasoning behind it doing so. Also, the 3.5mm green, black, and orange hookups are on the back of my control unit. I also have a wireless RF remote that came with it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have not had the problem of the control unit heating up, although, i can see the reasoning behind it doing so.
Yeah im not suggesting that its overheating .... just that i can detect warmth eminating from it (which is quite possible explained by the fact that the thing is virtually on and playing music 24x7 for the last 4 months+) :)

Also, the 3.5mm green, black, and orange hookups are on the back of my control unit.
I meant the headphone and line-out connections but yeah, sorry for the confusion :)

I also have a wireless RF remote that came with it.
Can you post the part number? (it's listed on the inside of the battery cover thingy) Cuz mine is IR and if u look at the top center of the control pod you'll notice a rectangular thingy ... thats the IR reciever .. RF units dont have those.
5022.jpg

randruff

Praetor you were right, my fault. I got RF and IR mixed up.....i still love these things regardless! I want to marry my speakers.

randruff

Beyond said:
yeah, that'd be nice if you didn't mind. thanks!

Here ya go bud, hope this helps...

This picture is of unmounted, normal positioned speaker (notice whats on the monitor:p )
frnt1.jpg

This is a close up of wall mounted rear speaker, stand rotated behind it
rearmtd2.jpg

This is a farther away shot of one of the rear wall mounted speakers
rearmtd3.jpg

Hope this helps!

shupola

is it hard to screw them up to the wall? it looks like the speaker would get in the way of the hole if ya know what i mean.

and how does the remote work? does it just control the volume of the speakers or can u like set it to work with your tv?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
and how does the remote work? does it just control the volume of the speakers or can u like set it to work with your tv?
It works just with the volume control pod

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
oh, thats cool. it would be nice if you could changs songs and stuff though.
Except theres no way in hell that could happen since all the connectivity that exists between the control pod and yer soundcard is one-way :) ... but thats what the other RF remote is for :)

shupola

Praetor said:
Except theres no way in hell that could happen since all the connectivity that exists between the control pod and yer soundcard is one-way :) ... but thats what the other RF remote is for :)

well i know that some laptops come with "remote sensors" like hp, and i thought maybe you would be able to configure the remote to work with them kinda like universal remote controls. that would be pretty cool.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well i know that some laptops come with "remote sensors" like hp, and i thought maybe you would be able to configure the remote to work with them kinda like universal remote controls. that would be pretty cool.
True enough but its a goddang hassle because you still have to have LOS ... which blows when i could be two houses down with my Remote Wonder :)

shupola

exactly how many watts are these speakers? on this page it says 500 and 505 watts, and it says that peak power is 1010w. what does peak power mean and why does logitech say 500w and 505w. it doesnt seem like that big a difference??

randruff

they are 505RMS watts and 1000Peak watts....what the difference is, i have no idea.....all i know is they are god diggity damn loud.

randruff

shupola said:
is it hard to screw them up to the wall? it looks like the speaker would get in the way of the hole if ya know what i mean.

Think of it as a tight girl.....it takes a little maneuvering but with a little work, youll get it in there ;)

shupola

randruff said:
Think of it as a tight girl.....it takes a little maneuvering but with a little work, youll get it in there ;)

HAHA. that is funny, but it sucks. i hate when things are hard to screw......maybe if i give em a few beers before i put em up:D

ckfordy

banned
randruff said:
they are 505RMS watts and 1000Peak watts....what the difference is, i have no idea.....all i know is they are god diggity damn loud.

i think i got my parents convinced to let me get them but i if turn the speakers all the way up will it blow the speakers at all

randruff

AMD64 said:
i think i got my parents convinced to let me get them but i if turn the speakers all the way up will it blow the speakers at all

Trust me, you wont be able to get them all the way up.