Logitech Z-5500, anyone have them?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Think of it as a tight girl.....it takes a little maneuvering but with a little work, youll get it in there

HAHA. that is funny, but it sucks. i hate when things are hard to screw......maybe if i give em a few beers before i put em up

Ya that is funny and all but I think it be best to stay on topic. I would imaging that not everyone is going to find it as funny as you two.

randruff

Blue said:
Ya that is funny and all but I think it be best to stay on topic. I would imaging that not everyone is going to find it as funny as you two.

I know, i know, i know. I knew i was going to catch flak for that but i couldnt resist.

randruff

im listening to these right now.....1/2 way up......atreyu......my keys are vibrating as im typing....does that explain anything?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm prob. missing somthing but what does that have to do with the Z-5500's?
Not all that much

im listening to these right now.....1/2 way up......atreyu......my keys are vibrating as im typing....does that explain anything?
Try shuttle launches or THX Bass tests :p

Hoka hey

I do indeed have them, fantastic speakers, you probably know that by now seeing as it is a month and a half after your original post, but yeah great speakers, the 10 inch woofer is a nice add on. Oh and btw impeccable surround sound, in my opionion they are balenced extremly well and I think there is an option on rear speaker sound delay which is nice for larger rooms/no echoing in games or music.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

Not if your talking to me no.

Beyond

thanks for all the help guys! do the speakers connect to the sub like my 560's
or do they connect to the controller?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The speaker wire runs from the back of the speaker(s) to the subwoofer.
Hehe i suppose you could connect speakers to the controller via the line-out jack :p Hehe run another 5500 through that and use the upmixing :p

Ku-sama

banned
hmm, Logitech Z-5500... Dominick has them, they are nice and great from the price, buuuuuut with my system, my keys are on my lap, but my monitor gets distorted from the amount of bass travling through the desk.... at a little over a quarter.... now, thats because i have 4 12" subs, 2 ported, 2 non ported, and full 6.1 surround sound (switching to 7.1 with new reciever) and over 800watts RMS stereo and over 900RMS home theator.... but yeah, for the money these speakers are nice, but i highly reccomend a bigger system for movies and such, but for FPS games, they are nice

ckfordy

banned
i just got my z-5500 speakers today. and is there a difference between the front speakers or rear speakers cause they dont say which ones which

superfreak

it says on the back of the speaker wich is wich + the color of the wire, match it with the back of the subwoofer, ull figure it out

jmurray89

Im getting some for christmas.....how long is the wire for the speakers? will i have to buy extra wire to mount across a room?

shupola

jmurray89 said:
Im getting some for christmas.....how long is the wire for the speakers? will i have to buy extra wire to mount across a room?

i think i read a review on newegg that the speaker wire is pretty long. i dont think you should have any trouble going across the room.

yeah, i am getting them for xmas too.:D

randruff

shupola said:
i think i read a review on newegg that the speaker wire is pretty long. i dont think you should have any trouble going across the room.

yeah, i am getting them for xmas too.:D

Youre gonna love those speakers bro, they shake shit all over the place. As for the wiring.....Logitech was very generous. I had the Cambridge Soundworks THX 550D before my z-5500's and i would say my z-5500's have about twice the length in wire.

shupola

well, i just got them this morning. (xmas) and all i can say is:
OMFG!

these are without a dobut, the best speakers i have ever owned. i havent had a chance to turn them all the way up yet, becasue my neighbor is still home and i dont want to wake their baby up. but omg they sound so good. even in stereo mode with only the sub and the two front speakers they still kick the shit out of everything i have heard. these speakers rock!

get them without a dobut if you want to hear great music, movies, games, etc